Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,633,913 times

Advertisements

do you think she should get nothing? 1K? 2K? it seems you're comparing apples and oranges - yes: he's a sleeze, yes: she probably knew, but in the end, what does that have to do with the support of their daughter? i'm not seeing the correlation. if you despise him so, you'd want him to pay out the nose I assume, but then I think you'd be calling her a golddigger - it's a no win.

given his income and assets, $4k doesn't seem all that unreasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 04:42 PM

687 posts, read 3,246,898 times
Quote:
given his income and assets, $4k doesn't seem all that unreasonable.
Totally agree-- he's lucky it isn't more. She's crazy, but he's a total slimeball, and I hope she milks him for all he's worth, and then some.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:35 PM

52 posts, read 206,763 times
I used to really like Jim McGreevy - and then he became Governor and became Jim McGreedy. He hired his Lover? What kind of crap is that? I don't particularly care if he is gay or not. That's none of my buisiness The fact is, he became greedy and corrupt while the state of NJ paid for his mistakes, both financially and reputation wise. Dina is no walk in the park either. She's a cold hearted lunatic who showed up to Opra show either stoned or totally off her rocker. Neither of them are stable enough to raise that poor child. Maybe God will show him the way in divinty school, but somehow, I doubt it.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:35 AM

572 posts, read 2,086,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think both McGeevey and his wife are nut cases
and the children should be taken away from them.
They have been doing nothing but exploiting this whole embarrassing situation, for money, not thinking of the children at all. They have both been lying and making a public skeptical of themselves....unacceptable!

I am not against the gays..but, there is nothing, to me, more sleezy and nuts....then a gay who marrys and has children and then, comes out of the closet and/or is caught, and ruins all those lives and why, b/c he is a coward.

To me, that is inexcuseable, disgusting behavior, and McGreevey, should have no right to the children, however, his wife, to me, is just as unstable as he is...and it is time, the courts take a look at that.

I also think the public should say..."You both should be ashamed"...I mean, they were on Opera???????? How dare they act so childish and self imposed...when they should be acting like respectable adults to those children and keep their lives out of the limelight!!!!! To me, they are disgusting and shouldn't have had children....no wonder New Jersey is so corrupt?

I'm sorry, this is a disgrace to those poor kids.
It has nothing to do with being gay - it has everything to do with respect for their child and the people of NJ. They have embarrassed both.

You bash them for being on Oprah and say they need to keep their lives out of the limelight, yet you fall victim to the gossip that surrounds this family. As far as you commenting on whether or not he should have had kids, that's not your call to make.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:50 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,016,485 times
I don't really care. Plenty of ugly divorces around, and plenty of kids suffer worse than having their parents vent in public. A lot worse.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:00 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
I don't like cheaters either, and even worse a gay person, who hides behind the premise of marriage and has children b/c he fears people knowing he is gay...to me that is dispicable.

But what is even more dispicable is when people want to get even, and take someone else for everything they can get...

this isn't about either of them, the money, or any material thing, or ego....this is about their children, which either one of them seem to be concerned about. She writes a book and goes on TV about it...how long will they let this go on?????

In the eyes and hearts of their children, THEY both are these kids parents and they should act like mature adults and let it go....for Goodness sakes....how far do you keep going until it permentaly damages the kids....you don't think they are hurting inside....probably more then anyone else. They need attention and probably counselling after all this exposure...
You don't think the kids in school are making it tough on them????????

Both in this case are at fault, and anytime someone does something to get even...they are both unthinking, immature, and manipulative.

Creme

Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 PM

572 posts, read 2,086,197 times
Quote:
I don't like cheaters either, and even worse a gay person, who hides behind the premise of marriage and has children b/c he fears people knowing he is gay...to me that is dispicable.
What's despicable is that society tells homosexuals "you weren't born gay, this is unnatural and you MUST get married and have children if you want to live a normal life." 10-20 years down the road, they realize, "hey, I can't help being gay, screw what society says, I'm going to do what feels right."

You make it sound so easy. What if you were in that situation? What if you were a child in that situation, hearing people say "he should not have gotten married and should not have had any kids." How do you think the kids feel, hearing people like you say that how they came into this world is despicable?

You, cremebrulee, say it's not about being gay, but your feelings are obvious even though you don't blatantly say it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:27 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremeyk482 View Post
What's despicable is that society tells homosexuals "you weren't born gay, this is unnatural and you MUST get married and have children if you want to live a normal life." 10-20 years down the road, they realize, "hey, I can't help being gay, screw what society says, I'm going to do what feels right."

You make it sound so easy. What if you were in that situation? What if you were a child in that situation, hearing people say "he should not have gotten married and should not have had any kids." How do you think the kids feel, hearing people like you say that how they came into this world is despicable?

You, cremebrulee, say it's not about being gay, but your feelings are obvious even though you don't blatantly say it. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I have gay friends....several, male and female, and we all agree....what is dispicable, is, what he did was use another human being, and then his two children, to hide behind.

If I were gay, I'd come out with it and deal with the consequenses....I have no use for what society thinks, a lot of times, society is condeming...unfair...and nothing but a group of followers...therefore, like I've always said, be honest, no matter how much it hurts, I am, and always have been so, except one time in my life....which was a most difficult lesson to learn...

I say again...cheaters are dispicable, but worse are those who use other human beings to hide behind....that is being a coward....I've heard McGreevy speak many times on the subject....he needs counseling...b/c he keeps excusing what he did, even though he said it was wrong, deep in his heart, he is still excusing what he did....when he is able to come face to face with what he did, and stop making excuses, he will no longer be in torment....

When you make a choice to do things....you deal with consequences...no matter what it is you do in life, or choose to be.

Again...I have some gay friends, both men and women, and they agree with this concept as well.

Sorry....but when you decide to choose, but are dishonest with others, you drag them down with you, and that is the dispicable part...regardless of what you are, what you choose, he didn't leave them choice...he only cared about himself. Very selfish and cruel. He admitted to being gay and openly having sex with other boys, when he was young....that is his choice

But, when you marry and do not tell this woman your sexual prefrence, even if bi sexual...or gay, whatever...that is dispicable....that is the part that is dishonet and none caring about anyone else but yourself. You don't do that to other people's lives....and no, I'm not ashamed, and yes, it is very wrong, and a very uncaring thing to do.

He needs to go do counseling, not because he is GAY, but because of what he did to 3 other peoples lives. There is no excuse on God's green earth for that kind of disception.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:

But what is even more dispicable is when people want to get even, and take someone else for everything they can get...

this isn't about either of them, the money, or any material thing, or ego....this is about their children, which either one of them seem to be concerned about. She writes a book and goes on TV about it...how long will they let this go on?????

In the eyes and hearts of their children, THEY both are these kids parents and they should act like mature adults and let it go....for Goodness sakes....how far do you keep going until it permentaly damages the kids....you don't think they are hurting inside....probably more then anyone else. They need attention and probably counselling after all this exposure...
You don't think the kids in school are making it tough on them????????

Both in this case are at fault, and anytime someone does something to get even...they are both unthinking, immature, and manipulative.

Creme
but what does this have to do with child support?

Old 09-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
Totally agree-- he's lucky it isn't more. She's crazy, but he's a total slimeball, and I hope she milks him for all he's worth, and then some.
I believe standard support is somewhere around 30% of gross (from what I've heard from fam and friends), and I've got to imagine he's making more than $150K/yr. Her request is definitely not unreasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: