U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:54 PM

17,030 posts, read 12,424,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
So you think if a man is coming after me in the dark, I should just wait and stop and say "may I help you" and if it turns out he's a rapist or robber, oh well?
if its my wife, she can shoot someone for following her. however, i dont think you can make it legal to physically attack someone who is following you. it would just open up too many justifications for random butt kickings. thats why i sympathize with his position, but ultimately dont think it can be legal to just attack someone for following you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 02:55 PM

5,857 posts, read 3,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is the problem when the media doesn't report the truth. Zimmerman was arrested. He was arrested, processed and questioned. The police also questioned witnesses and did an investigation. At the end of the day, after reviewing all of the evidence, the prosecutor's office decided they didn't have enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with a crime.
IMO and a lot of others apparently, it was a half-a**ed investigation. They still haven't interviewed Trayvon's gf, who he was talking to at the time, and the woman who heard Trayvon scream and called 911 said they wouldn't talk to her. They drug and alcohol tested Trayvon but not Zimmerman.

If this were your child, would you honestly just drop it? Is this what we really want, a country in which your child walks to the store to get candy and gets shot and killed, and the police say it was justified when he wasn't doing anything but eating candy and talking to his gf while he walked? It's not what I want.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM

3,388 posts, read 1,216,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Unfort, I don't have the link, but someone else posted a picture of Trayvon off his facebook page calling himself a
gansta "n" and pointing the middle finger at the camera.

Of course this doesn't mean that he should have died, but it also doesn't mean he media should be using a picture of him when he was 12 years old.
I've seen the recent pictures of him. He was also on a ten-day suspension when this occurred. I'm not sure how true it is, but there are also reports that he had a history of drug use, vandalism, burglary, theft and assaulting a bus driver.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:01 PM

5,857 posts, read 3,816,017 times
Quote:
I've seen the recent pictures of him. He was also on a ten-day suspension when this occurred. I'm not sure how true it is, but there are also reports that he had a history of drug use, vandalism, burglary, theft and assaulting a bus driver.
And George Zimmerman has a history of assault, including assault on a police officer, so what's the point? Again, to beat a dead horse over and over, this shouldn't be a forum issue, to decide if it was justified, it should go through the legal system.

I feel like people are looking for things against Trayvon so they can go to sleep thinking their own kids are safe, somehow different and it could never happen to them, but IMO this should be considered a threat to all of us, if this is allowed to end here.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM

3,388 posts, read 1,216,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
IMO and a lot of others apparently, it was a half-a**ed investigation. They still haven't interviewed Trayvon's gf, who he was talking to at the time, and the woman who heard Trayvon scream and called 911 said they wouldn't talk to her. They drug and alcohol tested Trayvon but not Zimmerman.

If this were your child, would you honestly just drop it? Is this what we really want, a country in which your child walks to the store to get candy and gets shot and killed, and the police say it was justified when he wasn't doing anything but eating candy and talking to his gf while he walked? It's not what I want.
Well, the investigation in a murder case is never closed, so the police can still talk to his girlfriend and maybe some other people. But they already talked to the witnesses on the scene, and they were there on the scene as well. I don't see why they would have done a drug test on Zimmerman unless he was acting like he was under the influence. The tested Martin because there was an autopsy done, they almost always do a drug test. And Martin wasn't exactly a "child", he was essentially an adult.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM

12 posts, read 4,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
but what employed person is going to take the time off of work to protest something like this? im guessing these people are either unemployed or maybe government employees.
The march in Asbury Park took place 630pm. When everyone was off, including myself.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
So that gives someone the right to kill him? Zimmerman knew this before he shot him?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Some of these comments make me realize what a crazy country we live in. We as a country haven't changed one bit, we just go on our computers and spill the hate. SHAME!!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 PM

1,170 posts, read 1,567,983 times
Quote:
I don't see why they would have done a drug test on Zimmerman unless he was acting like he was under the influence. The tested Martin because there was an autopsy done, they almost always do a drug test. And Martin wasn't exactly a "child", he was essentially an adult.
They should have done a drug test on Zimmerman because, from what I've read, that is standard procedure in a homicide investigation.

Sanford Police have also admitted to screwing up by sending a narcotics officer to investigate, rather than a homicide detective.

They also failed to make any effort to identify Trayvon Martin, even though his cell phone was recovered at the scene. Martin's father had to file a missing person's report before anyone knew what had happened to him.

Let's also not forget that Zimmerman lied to the police about having a clean record...a lie that the Sanford Police assumed was true without any verification. They then repeated this lie to Martin's family. Sanford Police have admitted this in the media.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:09 PM

4,912 posts, read 5,975,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss AP View Post
Some of these comments make me realize what a crazy country we live in. We as a country haven't changed one bit, we just go on our computers and spill the hate. SHAME!!
You're absolutely right. It'a also a shame that people have found Zimmerman guilty without knowing all the facts. Just what they hear from some people and what's been distorted by the media and NBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey