U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 02:51 PM

14 posts, read 32,725 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We are a UK couple likely to be moving to the Glen Rock / Ridgewood area in fall 2012 as my husband is getting transferred by his employer. We are visiting the area in a couple of weeks to look around and get a feel for the area. We are currently looking at setting up viewings at the following apartment complexes in Ridgewood and wonder if anyone has any comments positive or negative on any of them.

Heights Gardens, Mayflower Apartments, Oak Manor, Eastgate

We'd be grateful for any insight on apartment rentals in Ridgewood / Glen Rock. We also plan on stopping by the Weichert office in Ridgewood and may also try to view a couple of houses for rent but our initial research indicates they may be too large properties and hence too expensive. Our budget is max. $2500 per month.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, this forum has been extremely useful with our research to date!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 04:06 PM

5,422 posts, read 13,590,319 times
I believe they are all old buildings but OK.

There is really no such thing as a bad area of Ridgewood so look at the condition of the grounds, green space, PARKING, if that interests you, etc.

Will you be taking the train, check to see which is the easier walk to the train station. Heights and Oak are both very close, the others are still close, just a few hundred meters further. I don't know that you will find a dishwasher or washer/dryer at all of these. Look for that if it is a concern of yours.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM

39 posts, read 57,673 times
Default Hi There

I do not know any of the apt complexes but I am from the Uk moved to the area a few months back, I have made some really nice Uk friends here and we meet up all the time to eat out in Ridgewood, if you would like to join us please let me know and Good Luck!!!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM

14 posts, read 32,725 times
Hi BT65, good to see another Brit on here! Can I ask, are you living in Ridgewood itself or other town? Can you give any more information on nearby towns and best way to see apartments for rent? We are coming over in a couple of weeks and were hoping to view a couple of apartments to get a feel for things but can't get any replies to our emails. I suspect we are not being taken seriously when we say we are currently in the UK. Any advice?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM

39 posts, read 57,673 times
Default Hi there

I just sent you a private message with my email...email me , I will send you all the info ... B

Old 04-21-2012, 09:32 PM

28 posts, read 49,479 times
Hi and welcome. Glen Rock is great however for this budget I would also look in Fair Lawn. Would love to help out- we were also transferred through my husband's job couple of years ago. You can email me- isaar@tocr.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey