Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 12:09 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times

Advertisements

I know, I know. Please don't feed the troll, but our favorite "I hate Jersey and everyone and everything in it" celebrity basher thinks that Hoboken is a cesspool . Hoboken is a big walking town but due to time constraints, I drove around to save a few hours. My apologies if some of the pics are blurry as I couldn't hold up traffic behind me to snap some of the photos.

There are lots of photos (about 50 or so) so please be patient.

Turning out of my parking garage shows three lounges/restaurants on the ground (Trinity, The Quays, 340 Grill). You can find me at one of these places after work on most nights.

Coming down Hudson Street.

Sushi Lounge on 2nd & Hudson. Great late night sushi joint.

Madison's on Washington. Great brunch, and a great place to just hang out.

Coming down Washington Street with Jersey City straight ahead.

S. Sullivans

The Brass Rail. Very great date place, very reasonably priced.

Johnny Rockets

Tutta Pasta. Best rigot pie in all the land

Carlo's. Best Neapolitan's and Cannoli.

Luca Brasi's

Park Ave, uptown.

Eat Food Here. Funky little place with good coffee.

Son's of Hoboken

Willie McBrides

Garden Street

CONTINUED...
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 PM

Gas Light on 4th & Adams

Oh look! A Hummer! I bet that owner is swimming in debt! LOL

Monroe Street. NO HORN BLOWING!

Graffiti. This must be the ghetto!

1st Street

Old 09-16-2007, 12:15 PM

622 posts, read 3,112,427 times
Wow, it's changed since I've visited the night clubs and bars there years ago. 'Good & Plenty' still around? lol Good times.

I forget the other names of places.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:17 PM

The Tribeca Lofts. Very nice inside.

Hoboken Dive Shop.

Cafe on 3rd.

One of many church's in Hoboken.

Revived fedral style building

A little taste of Astoria, Queens on Bloomfield Street.

More restored buildings

Keeping true to our Italian roots.

Bloomfield Street

CONTINUED...

Old 09-16-2007, 12:22 PM

Garden Street

Bloomfield Street. My favorite street!

More Bloomfield

Classic brownstone on Madison

Semi-detached homes

Brownstone apartment buildings.

Maxwell Place new development. Not much under a million.

11th & Frank Sinatra

City view from Maxwell Place

Frank Sinatra Drive

CONTINUED...

Last edited by DowntownJerseyCity; 09-16-2007 at 12:31 PM..

Old 09-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Financial District and Ground Zero from Frank Sinatra Drive

Mural in front of my building

Court Street. Some very unique homes back here.

More Court Street.

W Hotel and Condos. Sold out in less than 120 days. 1250/square foot.

View from my "shoe box" apartment. A single guy in his 20. I should be living in a 5,000 SF mansion, right?

Putting green, where I practice on still not playing well.

Well, there you have it. The disgusting streets of Hoboken. We should all pack up and leave because it's such a crime ridden, violent, scary place. When I signed my lease they gave me a gun and a bullet proof vest because it's THAT dangerous. LOL

Old 09-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJersey? View Post
Wow, it's changed since I've visited the night clubs and bars there years ago. 'Good & Plenty' still around? lol Good times.

I forget the other names of places.
Good and Plenty is gone! So is the Clam Broth House which I was not happy about.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,263 times
OHHHH - I saw my old buidling in one of the pictures - 816 Bloomfield. I used to rent there about 10 years ago. Nice pictures.

You did get the best of Hoboken in those pictures but how about good ol' Jackson Street and all the nice people who live there, LOL

Where you in Hoboken when that high school kid was killed in broad daylight? It happened about a block away from where I used to live at the time. About 6 months after that, there was an armed robbery (with guns and everything) right in front of my house.

So, while some people consider it nice, I personally think it's an "inner-city slum".

Old 09-16-2007, 02:00 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
You do really get a bit of everything in that area. Very nice photos. I used to get my hair cut in Hoboken and then go to City Hall Bakery afterward and pig out. Is the FarmBoy still there? The mom and pops were already vanishing way back then. Twenty years ago it was not considered a dump. Even then I could not afford it and lots of people were moving there. More of an arty crowd than you will find today. Financial district workers and recent college grads rule the place now- and that happened pretty quick. Congrats on the photos.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:19 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
You do really get a bit of everything in that area. Very nice photos. I used to get my hair cut in Hoboken and then go to City Hall Bakery afterward and pig out. Is the FarmBoy still there? The mom and pops were already vanishing way back then. Twenty years ago it was not considered a dump. Even then I could not afford it and lots of people were moving there. More of an arty crowd than you will find today. Financial district workers and recent college grads rule the place now- and that happened pretty quick. Congrats on the photos.
Ok, Its not a slum but its a city. Looks like parts of Brooklyn. It's old. I'm Italian , my name really ends in an o. It looks like where my husband grew up in the Bronx before it went down hill. Most of his family either moved to LI or yes, NJ. I don't like cites with houses connected and on top of each other. I grew up in Suburbia, Lawrence, LI. The town of Franklin has Cafe's like that but Huge Homes, and no old Apartment buildings.
We lost his cousin in Lincoln Park last night and I just spoke to her this week. Looks like what family we have left is diminishing.
Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey