Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 16,348 times

Advertisements

I don't have a car currently. Will taking mass transit from NYC be a problem or even doable? Im thinking take a train/bus from NYC to Carteret, than getting a taxi once I get to the nearest stop to where I have to go. I have no idea what the area is like as far as mass transit and taxis go, so how easy will this be? BTW I will have to be there by like 8am so I would have to leave NYC early in the morning, and I would be doing the same thing going back home to NYC at like 9pm on a Saturday night. Anybody know what my best course of action would be? P.S I am more than likely having to attend an event at the Raddisson Hotel in Carteret, but it could end up moved someplace else. Just so its clearer where I have to get to.

Last edited by WOODMO; 09-17-2007 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,277,727 times
Your best bet would probably be to take a train from Penn Station to Woodbridge, and then take a cab to Carteret. The cab ride would be around 10 minutes, and probably run you around $15. I'm pretty sure NJ Transit runs trains at the times you're looking for, so it should be doable.

Bob

Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 14,289 times
Default Will route 116 from Perth Amboy to Manhattan of NJ transit be on time???

Hi,

I am planning to commute from Carteret to Manhattan. Does route 116 of New Jersey transit will be fairly on time? It seems that they are using a dedicated Bus lane to go to manhattan.

I just need to know this as I got couple of good apartments near Carteret.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,615,738 times
You could also take the train from Rahway. The Rahway station has twice as many trains as Woodbridge since it is the merge point for the Coast and Northeast lines.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM

213 posts, read 214,883 times
Use this link and you can plan bus or rail depending on where you are in Carteret and where you wish to arrive in NY.
New Jersey Transit - Home
Rail is generally on time and adheres to a strict schedule. However, many people rely on the bus to NYC as well.

If you are going to lower Manhatten, you might consider taking rail to Newark, Penn station and changing to the PATH for the trip to NY. In fact, that option might save you some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey