Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM

136 posts, read 239,206 times

Advertisements

I actually think this thread is very interesting too. I am looking in WF, and I found really useful information on the town here. But I do wonder why any post about WF turns into discussions about snobbery, blue bloods, market value, suppy & demand. It is odd. Folks, I usually am just curious about commute and house inspections. But thank you all for an insightful discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM

55 posts, read 112,934 times
WOW!! Every time I don't check the boards for a few days there is an EXPLOSION of comments and banter.

Everyone....CHILL! LOL. We are all hard working folks doing the best we can with what we have. By no means was I "Whining" about ANYTHING! Sheesh! I was just stating that I thought there would be more houses to see in April and May but it seemed slow for us and what we were seeing wasnt that great. Just a statement. Not trying to be a whiner. I have to say that in the past few days there have been a lot of great houses coming on the market so maybe the real time to look is in May, June, July and NOT april/may like my relator told me.

I think there are some really great, kind and helpful people on here who genuinely love their town and want to be helpful. As for the rest of the grouches, I have NO idea what makes you act this way but, let's all just calm down.

Thank you to everyone who helped and even those who didn't help. A move is scary for anyone no matter where they are going. We are a hard working couple and this is our second house. We sold our first house a few months ago and this has been a stressful process (the sell/buy process) so we are learning. No one knows where they "belong" You give it a try and if the town aint right for you, move. C'est la vie! I personally am not buying the people of the town, who really has that much time to socialize beyond a playdate or dinner here and there. Decent schools, clean streets and clean town is all anyone needs. Dont like your neighbors, close the door.

Suluki- I LOVED your house from the pics and still am sad we didnt go see it. My husband was against being on a big street. I still dream about your house and you were always so kind and helpful to me. Sad you are moving or we could have coffee. Hope your move is great!

Silly_mama- we probably did see each other! Wishing you luck!!!!

Anyhoo........for all those sick of my whining : ), you'll be glad to know we are almost through the purchase of a home in WESTFIELD!!!! It is possible. Its smaller than i wanted but that's ok. It had a good balance of everything else. Im not spoiled nor rich and I know our budget and we livie within it. Always have and always will.

Thanks to everyone and good luck to all.

P.S. Rolex watches are UGLY and dated!!! I much prefer a Patek Phillipe or a nice Swatch Watch : )

Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,639,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanisdrew View Post
WOW!! Every time I don't check the boards for a few days there is an EXPLOSION of comments and banter.

Everyone....CHILL! LOL. We are all hard working folks doing the best we can with what we have. By no means was I "Whining" about ANYTHING! Sheesh! I was just stating that I thought there would be more houses to see in April and May but it seemed slow for us and what we were seeing wasnt that great. Just a statement. Not trying to be a whiner. I have to say that in the past few days there have been a lot of great houses coming on the market so maybe the real time to look is in May, June, July and NOT april/may like my relator told me.

I think there are some really great, kind and helpful people on here who genuinely love their town and want to be helpful. As for the rest of the grouches, I have NO idea what makes you act this way but, let's all just calm down.

Thank you to everyone who helped and even those who didn't help. A move is scary for anyone no matter where they are going. We are a hard working couple and this is our second house. We sold our first house a few months ago and this has been a stressful process (the sell/buy process) so we are learning. No one knows where they "belong" You give it a try and if the town aint right for you, move. C'est la vie! I personally am not buying the people of the town, who really has that much time to socialize beyond a playdate or dinner here and there. Decent schools, clean streets and clean town is all anyone needs. Dont like your neighbors, close the door.

Suluki- I LOVED your house from the pics and still am sad we didnt go see it. My husband was against being on a big street. I still dream about your house and you were always so kind and helpful to me. Sad you are moving or we could have coffee. Hope your move is great!

Silly_mama- we probably did see each other! Wishing you luck!!!!

Anyhoo........for all those sick of my whining : ), you'll be glad to know we are almost through the purchase of a home in WESTFIELD!!!! It is possible. Its smaller than i wanted but that's ok. It had a good balance of everything else. Im not spoiled nor rich and I know our budget and we livie within it. Always have and always will.

Thanks to everyone and good luck to all.

P.S. Rolex watches are UGLY and dated!!! I much prefer a Patek Phillipe or a nice Swatch Watch : )
LOLl! Congrats on the house! I'm glad you were able to lower your expectations and find something that was still great but more in line with the reality of the market. All my friends in Westfield absolutely love it and I'm sure you will too.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM

thanks Tdstyles. Im from brooklyn so its all gonna seem wonderful and exciting for me. Doesnt really take much. Im just excited for nicer supermarkets and places to park. See, im not all that whiney. LOL

Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 PM

79 posts, read 152,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanisdrew View Post
...... we are almost through the purchase of a home in WESTFIELD!!!!

Best of luck on your closing. We're still searching for the right one that we can call home :-)

Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM

One more thing.... you DEF dont need to make 200K to afford a 600K house. When I get to that amount, Ill buy my rolex. : ) And Im SOOO far from Blue Blood. My blood is Olive Oil (the domestic kind at that, and not first pressing : ). LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Sillymama, my post was directed at the tool that called me an idiot and said i add nothing useful, and wait for it....live in my parents basement

This was exactly my point. It costs what it costs. If you cant afford something you either up your budget or consider a lesser alternative.

I never said Westfield is filled with uptight snooby folks. I have family there its nice. But what i do find odd, is your opinion that Westfield is middle class. I'm sorry, but there may be some folks that are middle class that inherited a home, or grew up in the home, etc, but lets be honest here, if you are paying 600k for a home you are NOT middle class. You are Blue Blood. Dont be so modest. Check the stats, you make 200k a year and you are in the top 10% of population as far as wealth goes.

I concur!

What is disturbing about the rolex post? I refer you to tdstyles post about the point I was trying to convey.

Again i never said anyone was a snob, my issue (if you could even call it that) is that OP (not you) is "whining" about not being able to buy a home for over half a million dollars in "Westfield". My simple point was, consider an alternative, becuase it costs what it costs. You cant have the Caviar on the tuna budget.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM

91 posts, read 295,017 times
Congrats Tanisdrew!!!! Also, I really appreciate the good wishes! Moves are always stressful!!!

If you ever need info on WF dont hesitate to DM me!!!!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:47 PM

291 posts, read 973,699 times
Tanisdrew, congrats on being close to closing! We put an offer in this morning on a place in our first choice town, Ridgewood, so I'm hoping that we have similar luck.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Petenaff- Good luck! You will find it. there are so many more popping up now. Figures! LOL

Suluki- thanks! I know! Hang in there!

JerseyJersey- Ridgewood is supposed to be gorgeous and a great town! Lots of luck. I know the waiting game is ROUGH stuff!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM

88,020 posts, read 83,846,650 times
Good luck to everyone who is house hunting! Keep us posted on how you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey