U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM

2 posts, read 11,091 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning to buy my first home in Central, NJ. I am confused between North Brunswick and Piscataway townships.
Please advise which is a better city/township to buy a home in order to receive maximum appreciation value in the near future considering all aspects like income, crime rate, school districts, flood zones, etc.
This will help us to zero down on a particular area.
Thank you..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 01:39 PM

16 posts, read 59,454 times
both pretty nice towns as far as i see driving threw them. i live in north jersey and piscataway is definatly a vacation to up here

Old 09-22-2007, 06:47 PM

16 posts, read 93,837 times
Default My honest Opinion...

I have no idea if the areas going to appreciate/depreciate...Sorry. But, I personally prefer Piscataway. It was once less developed and continuing to be developed, with parks and new homes. I think you have better chances of appreciation there. Both areas are nice, but Piscataway is better.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:14 PM

64 posts, read 222,289 times
I say Piscataway, I'm a Rutgers girl and have ventured through both towns on numerous occasions. Piscataway is really nice, and a lot of diversity.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM

11 posts, read 62,011 times
Piscataway is slightly closer to NYC. Also, it's more central for commuting. 2 train stations within 5 minutes. 2 more within 10 minutes and 5 exits off highway 287 ensure you're not stuck waiting to get on or off.

Many white collar jobs in the city. Lots of parks. Low crime. Blue ribbon elementary school. High school for both are similar, reasonable, not amazing.

Here is a link to a city comparison:
unigroup.com: Compare Two Cities

Hope this helps.

thanks,
Amir

Old 01-09-2008, 10:36 PM

531 posts, read 1,914,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirShaikh View Post
Piscataway is slightly closer to NYC. Also, it's more central for commuting. 2 train stations within 5 minutes. 2 more within 10 minutes...
Piscataway is quite large. Which and how many stations are close depends on which part of Piscataway you live in. I live in the Birch Run area of Piscataway and there are three train stations (Dunellen, Bound Brook and Bridgewater) within 3.5 miles, 2 more train stations (Finderne and Plainfield) within 6 miles and 2 more (Edison and New Brunswick) within 8 miles.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 AM

56 posts, read 632,538 times
Hi, North Brunswick is underways to build a transit village where the old Johnson and Johnson plant use to be. I bet that will bring up the value of one's home.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 12,714 times
Default Buyer need helps for areas-Piscataway,Bridgewater,East brunswick

Hi,

I heard Bridgewater is a good area and and looked at houses there but realised most of newer houses (0-12 years) are close to each other with the backyard running into the neighbours.So we dropped that.
I havent checked out East brunswick.But heard the houses are older.
Finally I saw a house in river road-maplehurst section of Piscataway.It is in the range of low 600's.Cul-de-sac and private backyard.

Does anybody have a feedback on these 3 townships?For piscataway I am looking at riverroad only.My price range is 550-650

Thanks a lot!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 12,714 times
Default Buyer need helps for areas-Piscataway,Bridgewater,East brunswick

Hi,

I heard Bridgwater is a good area and and looked at houses there but realised most of newer houses (0-12 years) are close to each other with the backyard running into the neighbours.So we dropped that.
I havent checked out East brunswick.But heard the houses are older.
Finally I saw a house in river road-maplehurst section of Piscataway.It is in the range of low 600's.Cul-de-sac and private backyard.

Does anybody have a feedback on these 3 townships?For piscataway I am looking at riverroad only.
My price range is 550-650
Thanks a lot!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:50 PM

16 posts, read 57,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev1978 View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy my first home in Central, NJ. I am confused between North Brunswick and Piscataway townships.
Please advise which is a better city/township to buy a home in order to receive maximum appreciation value in the near future considering all aspects like income, crime rate, school districts, flood zones, etc.
This will help us to zero down on a particular area.
Thank you..
East Brunswick!

Great schools, wonderful water park, fantastic library and senior center, great transportation to NYC, shopping is terrific, little crime. There are older and newer homes. Close to Turnpike, Rt. 1. Take Rt 18 to the Jersey shore and the Parkway South. People move here just because of the Blue Ribbon Schools. I've lived in No. Brunswick and worked in Piscataway. Check them all out and then move to East Brunswick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or