U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 AM

21 posts, read 22,649 times

Advertisements

Hello,

In a couple of weeks I will have to take the Academy Bus from the Highlands to Wall Street for work. (not looking forward to it). I was taking the ferry (which was awesome), but since my job has eliminated all transit subsidies, I really should go with the much less expensive option. Can anyone shed light on the trip from route 36 to downtown Manhattan? Sounds pretty brutal to me. Oh well. Are there any free parking lots anywhere up 36 (besides the station Hazlet)? Is it worth driving up to the Cheasequake Park and Ride to shed a couple of minutes? Lastly, in the East Point Plaza strip mall parking lot in the Atlantic Highlands, I saw a sign that said Commuter Parking in the back lot. Is this lot for bus commuters? I've poked around the internet but could not find any information. Any intell would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,942,832 times
How early do you leave for work? I think Cheesequake could save you time, but it gets very crowded as the morning goes on. It would drive me crazy to miss a bus because I had to park too far away from the actual stop. But if you buy a Cheesequake ticket you don't have to pay extra to park. You can't park there though unless you specifically get a Cheesequake ticket.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM

21 posts, read 22,649 times
I will be taking an EARLY bus because I typically get to work around 7:30 AM. So I'm guess a 6:00 bus?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:31 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,942,832 times
Cheesequake could be a good bet. But Airport Plaza might not be bad either. I don't know how early the lot fills up, but you can get permit parking in the shopping center across the street. There might be a lot by Seagate near Airport Plaza but I'm not sure if it's free. If you call the Airport Plaza depot they might now about it. There are quite a few stops along 36 so it could take a while if you stay on the bus all the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey