U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM

42 posts, read 164,872 times

Advertisements

Bayonne boatworks - need some info please - anyone familiar to answer few question?
I'm doing some research into buying (i live in bayonne), and need some unbiased opinion, my questions are:

1. Do you hear the noise from your neighbor? meaning how good are units insulated noise wise?

2. On older post, saw some mention about shuttle from the community to NYC - is that still avialalbe.

3. In terms of parking, if you have guests, are there separate parking available? Basically wondering if you have more than 2 cars - what are options for parking ?

4. In terms of insurance, does the HOA cover issues like roof, and exterior painting?

5. How is the HOA and how are the fees managed? currently it is over $300 a month - just wondering, if that keeps increasing or not.

thanks for any info you can provide.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 PM

4 posts, read 11,333 times
Hi There!
We recently moved to The Boatworks and have been extremely happy with our choice! Here's what we can tell you so far based on our experience:
1)Noise: No, we do not hear noise from our neighbors. We are an end unit, so we only have a neighbor on one side. They do have children, but we never hear them. People in here are extremely respectful in general of noise. We never hear shouting, radios blasting etc.
2)NYC Shuttle: I believe it no longer runs. Many residents do use the Lightrail station a few blocks away.
3)Parking: Each unit has a garage and one car driveway. Driveways are not allowed to be blocked and there is absolutely no on street parking permitted or you will be towed. There are guest spaces that are free to use, first come first serve. However, after midnight, they are for residents only- 2 per unit ( the towing company checks for hang tags) It's easy enough to skirt around that by parking your own cars in those spots and allowing your guests to use your garage and driveway!
HOA fees: They absolutely cover roof/ painting etc anything exterior. We have had very positive experiences with them so far! There are a lot of rules however, but those rules enable the Boatworks to look attractive and like one cohesive unit.
HOA Fee Increase: the HOA fees are currently $330 a month ( which includes water and sewer) We are landscaped every week, have a groundskeeper and are property managed by Arthur Edwards ( they are great!) The fee is well worth it when seeing the lengths that they go to to keep the development in tip top shape. We haven't experienced an increase yet, but I read they typically go up $5 a month each year.

Overall:
I'd suggest popping in and checking out a few listings in here. There are several different floor plans to choose from. Below is a great source of info that we referred to during the buying process! It has all of the floor plans!
The Boatworks in Bayonne, New Jersey -* Luxury Condo Townhomes - Buyer's Advisors the #1 Exclusive Buyer Agent
It does get very windy in here in the winter, but that comes with living on the water. The development is pretty isolated, but pretty much everyone in here knows one another. We don't experience flooding, even along the water.

Hope this helps a little!!! Best of luck!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: