U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 AM

747 posts, read 1,337,947 times

Advertisements

Saw a very brief post on another board that stated Wegmans is coming to Montvale! Does anyone here know if this is true? I have been waiting for years for them to build in the Bergen County area! I really hope this isn't a joke.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 AM

86 posts, read 129,920 times
Not sure where they'd put it... or even buy the land acquired for it.

I grew up in Woodcliff Lake, and don't see them moving it there, unless they're going to be buying out the A&P store. Or anywhere else on Chestnut Ridge Road.

Kinderkamack is out too... there aren't really any huge lots there that are IN Montvale.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,084,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Saw a very brief post on another board that stated Wegmans is coming to Montvale! Does anyone here know if this is true? I have been waiting for years for them to build in the Bergen County area! I really hope this isn't a joke.

Don't put the champagne on ice just yet. What I have heard and read is that yes, Wegmans is coming to Montvale. According to Wegmans corporate office they are going to be located at Mercedes Dr and West Grand Ave but they expect it will be about three years before they open for business!

KoalaNJ

Old 05-12-2012, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 5,994 times
Default Wegmans to build in Montvale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Not sure where they'd put it... or even buy the land acquired for it.

I grew up in Woodcliff Lake, and don't see them moving it there, unless they're going to be buying out the A&P store. Or anywhere else on Chestnut Ridge Road.

Kinderkamack is out too... there aren't really any huge lots there that are IN Montvale.
Wegmans is building on the acreage where DePiero Farms is. They made a deal for the property. It's at least 3 years away before Wegmans opens. Bobbyc408

Old 05-12-2012, 10:31 AM

86 posts, read 129,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyc408 View Post
Wegmans is building on the acreage where DePiero Farms is. They made a deal for the property. It's at least 3 years away before Wegmans opens. Bobbyc408
To be honest... from someone that grew up with the daughter of the owner of the store/land... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd rather see a local name than Wegmans moving in. There are enough chains in the area...

Although I still miss the original Tice's and Van Riper's in the area, too.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 5,994 times
Default Wegmans to build in Montvale

The location for Wegmans store to be built in Montvale, NJ is the DePiero Farm site. They just posted it on their future stores web page. It's about 3 years out before the opening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey