Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,267,680 times

Advertisements

Haha, is the Rainforest Cafe still around?? I remember them years ago, but I don't really go to malls much these days (only Newport occasionally).

Regarding Surf City Bar...this is the location of the former Sand Bar. For those that don't remember Sand Bar, it was a sh*tshow. Tame by day (abeit trashy), at night it turned into a Seaside Heights bar's evil cousin. While I admit that I had a few fun nights there in my early 20s, this was not the direction that JC needed to go.

The location is IN a marina, and situated on a canal across from a 2nd marina, right off the Hudson River. While I agree that a city should have "city types of places" (not actually sure what that means, but I'll go with it) ... this location is nautical by nature (now I have early 90s hip hop stuck in your head, right?) and so a bar of this type is cool by me. In fact, as a "boat guy" I'm pretty psyched; I actually keep my boat in this marina and can walk to this joint after a day on the water. There is also a small RV park here, so I'm sure those tourists will enjoy coming here. Apparently there are a ton of craft beer taps (like 70) so that is AWESOME for this hop head.

It seems that this place will have lots of seafood, and if that's true, that alone makes me a fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 01:35 PM

576 posts, read 1,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettoarbeit View Post
What's not worthwhile is people moaning about how miserable they are.

Not miserable just trying not to have this place look like every other douchey neighborhood in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey