Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,690 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are making the move. For no other reason than it's time and we are tired of the DC metro area. We want to be closer to family and friends.

He will keep his dc job and take a train a couple times a month to the office. I work out of our home. May seem trivial to some but hi speed internet is a must. Schools, if we are blessed, may be important in 5 or so years. We are looking to stay put for awhile.

We have been looking for houses in Hunderton County for a couple months now but just can't seem to find that perfect location. It doesn't have to be Hunterton County but it should be close to Trenton or New Brunswick Trains.

We both love the smaller town feelings. Neighborhoods with mature trees and older houses with bigger back yard. (Not looking for any new developments.) We have seen a couple houses in Flemington and that town seems really nice. We saw a beautiful house in bloomsbury, but that isn't the type of town we are looking for. There really isn't any downtown area, So I know it others have asked similar questions, but I felt it might be best to start fresh for us. What are your favorite smaller towns in this area? and why. Thanks, your insights are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 11:37 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,015,028 times
Pennington, Hopewell, and Titusville are on the small side and really nice; it is north of Trenton. Schools there are very good.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,668 times
Default Living in and loving historic home

My husband and I moved to Salem NJ 2 years ago; live in a 101 yr old home that was tastefully renovated. Salem is full of these kind of homes: affordable and fixable. I hope you will take a ride down Market St. It reminds me of Williamsburg VA. Come to our Market St. House Tour in December and I'll show you my home.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 PM

9,328 posts, read 20,663,923 times
Millstone Boro NJ

It's in Somerset County, but close enough to the Rt 1 corridor i.e. New Brunswick and Trenton, which is vital, given your husband must keep his job in D.C.

http://www.millstoneboro.org/

Old 09-25-2007, 03:56 PM

17 posts, read 68,845 times
We live in the Flemington area and absoutely love it here.....you may also look in Clinton just north of Flemington with a really cute downtown area and a lot of charm. I just love downtown Flemington with shopping, outlets and restaurants galore while still keeping the historic feel throughout town. Someone mentioned Pennington, which I agree is very nice.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM

48 posts, read 163,221 times
I currently live in Clinton and love it here. It is a nice, safe town with coffee shops and art stores and the mill is just beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey