Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times

Advertisements

is he nuts!! $100.00 for tickets to his rehearsals...what are the concert tix going to cost..thought he was the self proclaimed voice of "The Working Man"???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 10:01 AM

Ok I just read it's suppposedly going to charity but still that's steep for rehearsals

Old 09-21-2007, 11:46 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,702 times
Not that you asked but personaly i can't stand him...at any price. I wouldn't go to a free concert of his in the neighborhood except maybe to cut the power connection.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:21 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Not that you asked but personaly i can't stand him...at any price. I wouldn't go to a free concert of his in the neighborhood except maybe to cut the power connection.
You know, I never liked Bruce either and I always felt bad about that because aren't people from NJ supposed to like Bruce? Girls from NJ, particularly? I had a boyfriend once sing me a few strains of "Jersey Girl" and it gave the word "strains" in that sentence new meaning. But I managed a smile...it's the thought that counts!

I don't know that I'd pay to see anyone's rehearsal; for some people, it would probably be huge, and the opportunity of a lifetime. To each his or her own.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
I like the Boss...but I like Bon Jovi even more. Jersey does have a lot of musical talent...

Old 09-21-2007, 12:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I like the Boss...but I like Bon Jovi even more. Jersey does have a lot of musical talent...
I saw Bon Jovi four years ago!!! I could not believe the amount of energy that dude had.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
is he nuts!! $100.00 for tickets to his rehearsals...what are the concert tix going to cost..thought he was the self proclaimed voice of "The Working Man"???

if you don't like the price don't go!

the rehearsals are usually a great time to see him. If I go to one of the rehearsal shows I don't bother with the real show.

Here's a tip, if he's doing them in asbury, you can just sit outside and hear the show, he usually has them open the doors, and if you're really nuts you can hang around and get into one of the rehearsals for the rehearsal show

I'm in FLA now so I haven't heard when the show are scheduled, do you know?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
if you don't like the price don't go!

the rehearsals are usually a great time to see him. If I go to one of the rehearsal shows I don't bother with the real show.

Here's a tip, if he's doing them in asbury, you can just sit outside and hear the show, he usually has them open the doors, and if you're really nuts you can hang around and get into one of the rehearsals for the rehearsal show

I'm in FLA now so I haven't heard when the show are scheduled, do you know?
Not sure, in any case tix for this are sold out
was going to get them for my son as he seems to like the rehearsals but not at that price

In addition I can afford the $100.00 bucks but from what I see in concert prices, pro baseball prices et al it is almost becoming unaffordable for the average working Joe

Last edited by njkate; 09-21-2007 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-22-2007, 06:53 PM

16 posts, read 104,467 times
Default as a Black person...um...here's my opinion..LOL

Well, I actually like Bruce, and Bon Jovi. They became symbols of Jersey, but honestly...I don't care too much about Bruce. I don't want him to go away either, but come on..I don't have an album. Concerts, no matter what, are getting out of hand. I think tickets should be no more than fifty bucks tops. But if we have to be real about a Bruce concert, people go for the experience. They may run into their friends from high school, and to have a few drinks.

I'm from Teaneck, so honestly I'm a big fan of the Isley Brother's, who are from Teaneck, NJ. If we really compiled a list of all the cool musicians from Jersey, that's a really decent chunk of American talent.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:51 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,976,324 times
Musicians lost control of what it costs for the average person to see a concert years ago. Huge corporations like Ticketmaster and Livenation control the venues, the booking, and ultimately the musicians. On the other hand, I could see a lot of die-hard Springsteen fans paying a lot of money to see them rehearse. You're paying to see something that 90% of the time the public wouldn't be privy to. Seeing musicians like Springsteen and the rest of the E-Street band just jamming and having a good time is an experience that's totally different from a live show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey