Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times

Advertisements

Years ago, maybe in the 1970's I received one or two written warnings form the NJSP on several interstates in NJ. Sometimes they would offer to write you a written warning for speeding while giving you a ticket for something that was no points like not being able to find an insurance card or similar. This was the "bargaining process" way back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 01:11 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I got a written warning about a year ago on route 49.

I also think something is wrong with this picture, and there must have been a mix up or a forgotten previous summons. They wouldn't have issued a court date this early let alone have it pass by. If you already got the letter saying you missed it, then it means the court date was about a week after you got the ticket, which makes no sense at all.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 26,623 times
thanks for everyone that replies. I didn't realize there were so many or i would have responded earlier. here are the details:

* 05/17/2012: got pulled over

* 06/05/2012: "failure to appear notice" sent. i don't know when the initial court date was (i assume it would have been on the ticket had i been given one), but i am guessing it was on 06/05 because all of the other court dates i was given when i rescheduled were all on tuesdays.

* the court is Hopewell Township Municipal Court (Municipal Court - Hopewell Township, New Jersey).

* I didn't get anything but a "have a nice day". the lady i spoke with at the court said it would have been a long printout (like a receipt i think she said). i asked her if NJ requires a signature or anything and she said no.

* I definitely don't have previous offenses in NJ (and i don't believe he asked me).

I can plead guilty and pay a $115 fine and call it a day (according to what i was sent). but i believe the points will "transfer" to NY and i don't want to deal with that. it's going to cost me more than $115 in gas, etc. just to get there because i live 5 hours away. but a) i don't want the points on my license, and b) i want to fight it because i don't think they should be able to get away with that.

if anyone has anything else to add, please do. my new court date is a week from today. thanks a lot.

brian

Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,892 times
Lawyer up? I got a BS ticket in Brooklyn where the cop was doing me a "favor" by writing me for a cheaper fine but with a required court date appearance. Great, but I live in DC. Paid $300 for a lawyer to deal with a $50 ticket. Taking a day off work plus driving etc, would have cost well over that.

Sucks, but that's the way it is for out of staters. Not trying to be an a-hole, but if you value your time, don't speed far from home (I learned my lesson)

Old 07-10-2012, 12:52 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,892 times
And btw, that's a really fast turn around for a court date. Hopewell must process tickets very efficiently. Gonna watch my speed next time I pass through, lol.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:58 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Quote:
like a receipt i think she said
It's the E Ticket system. It does look similar to a receipt. The days of the old cardboard copies are pretty much gone.

A summons number should have been on the FTA notice. The court date is usually listed as within a seven to ten day period. That's the date you must either enter a plea of Not guilty or make payment.

You can lookup summons via this online system.
Search for Traffic Ticket or Time Payment Order

Hopewell's Court Number is
HOPEWELL 1105
HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP 1106

Can't help you on the Prefix.

Quote:
and i don't believe he asked me
Why would they as simply running your dl through the system will show that fact. Normally only the status is of concern.

Quote:
Hopewell must process tickets very efficiently
Summons throughout the state are processed via the ATS system and it's totally automated. The new E-ticket system has eliminated any manual data inputs and solved the "unreadable" printing on some summons. the only issue now would be manually imputing the wrong data into the hand held unit and even that has been eliminated by using data card readers. Hence the "receipt like looking summons".

Old 09-20-2016, 05:22 AM

1 posts, read 984 times
I blew the horn to an officer on a parking lot while he was backing .He followed me and five me a warning thirty days later a received an a mail that my driver license would be cancelled if I do not pay the ticket which i never received...By the way the officer was in an unmarked vehicle. I am a resident of Maryland.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,864,277 times
Start a new thread.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:25 AM

351 posts, read 481,890 times
pretty sure that's a troll

Old 09-20-2016, 10:53 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
And if you're serious, need basic info like what ticket did you not get or are being charged with, etc., where, and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: