Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 69,006 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Am looking for relocation to NJ along with 7.5 & 2.5 yrs kids, while husband can travel to midtown manhattan. Considering schools, safety - Fort Lee seems better place.
Are there any Indian families in Fort Lee? (This will help during parents visit)
Fort Lee appears safe - any specific areas to exclude?
Any suggestions on 2B+2B apartments around 2K?
Any other nearby safe towns with good schools, indian families (need not be a dense community)

Edison, Iselin are too far for the commute. And, would consider them for longer term if we decide to settle in NJ/NY.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank You

Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 PM

208 posts, read 545,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palluhere View Post
Hi,

Am looking for relocation to NJ along with 7.5 & 2.5 yrs kids, while husband can travel to midtown manhattan. Considering schools, safety - Fort Lee seems better place.
Are there any Indian families in Fort Lee? (This will help during parents visit)
Fort Lee appears safe - any specific areas to exclude?
Any suggestions on 2B+2B apartments around 2K?
Any other nearby safe towns with good schools, indian families (need not be a dense community)

Edison, Iselin are too far for the commute. And, would consider them for longer term if we decide to settle in NJ/NY.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank You
Fort Lee is better known for its East Asian (especially Korean) community, I don't think there is a significant Indian presence there, though it wouldn't really surprise me if there are some Indian families as well.

I was going to suggest South Brunswick or Plainsboro, but if Edison is too far, then you certainly would not want to live all the way down there

Have you considered Bergenfield? Its school district is not as good as the others I mentioned above, but it does have a sizable Indian population as far as I know. (So does JC btw)

Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 AM

Thanks Taha - will check for Bergenfield. Although, it is farther than Fort Lee.
JC reviews aint good for schools.

Any indian family in Fort Lee?

Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
If you want sishort of a commute that Bergenfield is "too far", I don't understand why you are not just looking in Jersey City where there is a huge Indian populaton and one of the shortest possible commutes.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:53 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,248,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If you want sishort of a commute that Bergenfield is "too far", I don't understand why you are not just looking in Jersey City where there is a huge Indian populaton and one of the shortest possible commutes.
Bad public schools in JC and getting in charter is incredibly difficult.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:35 AM

367 posts, read 959,883 times
OP,
Someone has to say it. You're in America. Your kids have to grow up American if you plan to stay. If you want them to grow up Indian, the planes fly in both directions. America is not going to change for you. Deal with that. You came here for a reason.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 PM

303 posts, read 919,967 times
Lot of Indians in Bridgewater. I dont a bathfroom for a guy up there last year. THey all like marble floors and bronze fitting.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Thanks for all responses. As mentioned, the need for Indian families around (and not the community) is for parents visit. Kids are always adaptive to any place - rather they excel.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM

65 posts, read 207,938 times
I was wondering why some people can get away with asking a question about areas that have more Indians, but if someone were to ask for a place that had more white people, there would be an outrage!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:43 PM

367 posts, read 959,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palluhere View Post
Thanks for all responses. As mentioned, the need for Indian families around (and not the community) is for parents visit. Kids are always adaptive to any place - rather they excel.
If parents have an issue, perhaps they should stay home? Otherwise, GTFO out of the country I bled for. No offense but I'm tired of having to accomodate every immigrant who refuses to adapt and who wants my country to be a copy of the third world septic tank they ran away from.

Last edited by DFBonnett; 06-24-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey