Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM

6 posts, read 11,918 times

Advertisements

last year I went to Paramus fireworks and it was a nightmare getting out. Does anyone have experience with Tenafly or other towns in Bergen County. I do not want to spend over an hour to get out of a parking lot like last year in Paramus. In Paramus it was also crazy as you had to get there way in advance and it was way too many people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoisthe View Post
last year I went to Paramus fireworks and it was a nightmare getting out. Does anyone have experience with Tenafly or other towns in Bergen County. I do not want to spend over an hour to get out of a parking lot like last year in Paramus. In Paramus it was also crazy as you had to get there way in advance and it was way too many people.
I dealt with this in Hackensack last year.

Might I suggest parking at a further location and then walking to where the fireworks will be? Or possibly even using public transportation?

Hoboken was suggested on another thread, but I hear the traffic gets pretty bad.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 11,918 times
I want to jump in my car and leave. I do not mind walking further.

Do you know about Tenafly or other towns in Bergen. Smaller shows are fine. I do not need it as big as Paramus was last year.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:53 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,226 times
I only witness one live firework event on 4th of July, which was the Hudson River one. That was my first and only time. It was super crazy for both going to and coming out of it. I don't really recommend it, but a lot of people think fighting traffic and a flood of people is worth getting there. I'm not surprised that the one, in my town, is that crazy too. Never been to it, and don't feel like I'm missing out much.

I definitely agree with the suggestion of parking in a far away location (that you can sense that there won't be so many cars there). You'll have to walk a long way, but you won't have to worry about so much traffic when you get out (or even in).

For other 4th of July events, I just watch the fireworks on TV. The Boston Pops fireworks is spectacular so that's good enough for me. ^___^

Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
If they're close, you could bike it. I did one year, getting out was easy, if not particularly safe.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I lived on the Jersey City waterfront and Macy's promptly moved the fireworks to the East River (NYC.) So then I moved to the East Side of Manhatttan and Macy's switched back to the Hudson River.

Sometimes I feel there's a malevolent power up there toying with me.

On the other hand maybe in some alternate universe I was killed by an errant display rocket...and I am being PROTECTED????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey