Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 AM

38 posts, read 229,675 times

Advertisements

I might have found the right place in englewood. But was wonder what the commute is like to midtown(45th street). Whats the best route in general?
any issues with englewood? is it another bad neighborhood? I have been researching NJ for awhile now and each town has its rough spots. the place I'm looking at is north of i95 and its near the route4. let me know..thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 05:54 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hung8582 View Post
I might have found the right place in englewood. But was wonder what the commute is like to midtown(45th street). Whats the best route in general?
any issues with englewood? is it another bad neighborhood? I have been researching NJ for awhile now and each town has its rough spots. the place I'm looking at is north of i95 and its near the route4. let me know..thanks!!!

englewood has some very bad sections, hopefully you've done some leg work,
the only way via public transport to mid town is via a NJT bus to the PA, there might be a bridge bus and then subway but that could be slow.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:12 AM

by PA u mean port authority??do you know how long it'll take to get to port authority? just want to get an estimate of travel time.

i have done some research on the town, there are some bad areas, I'm going back there tomorrow to check it out again.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM

Presidential Drive, Englewood hows the area there?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,849 times
Anything west of engle st is considered pretty bad, east of that is OK. But that is changing, the west side is being developed now. Do you know where the drug fair is in Englewood, it is on ivy lane, and is close to Tenafly? That area is OK.

If you are driving a car to NYC, then always take the lower level. You can go up palisades ave, get on Pal Pkwy, or go down grand, and then left on Fort Lee Rd. Do not go to Rt 4 or I-80, it'll will be jammed.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 41,101 times
I realize this is an old thread, but when I was looking to move to Englewood, this thread kept popping up becuase I was also trying to find ways to commute into the city.

To get into NYC from Englewood, the best bet is one of the 166 buses. (www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0166.pdf) There's the 166X which runs express to NYC via I-95, the 166T that goes local through Leonia/pal park, and then takes the Turnpike express into NYC, then the 166 Local which just runs local down through weehawken.

I like to catch any of the busses starting from 7:15 - 8:30, depending on what time I have to get to work. For me, it seems like the 166X is only about 10 minutes faster than the 166T, and the 166X's have a tendency to get filled up by the time they reach englewood so there are many that are "standing room only" So I like to take which ever one of these comes by first with seats. Generally I leave my house by 7:15, and am at Port Aurthority by 7:45 - 7:55a. I can usually get door to door in about 1 hr / 1hr 15 mins. (Which I used to live in Queens and it would take me almost as long).

Coming home I take the 166X as the first stop is Broad and E.Sheffield in Englewood, right next to the Cross Creek Pointe, but after i think 8pmish, the X's stop running, and you have to catch the T. The T will run till about 9:30, but after that the T also stops running and your stuck on the local (approx. 1 hr bus ride).

There's also the option of taking one of the busses from Rt4. I've never done this before but my husband has and he says it's pretty easy. There's a NJ transit bus that comes around every 20/30 minutes or so, but then there are also privately owned commuter shuttles that'll take you to the city for about $2.00.

The city of Englewood also offers a trolley service to get around Englewood which I find very useful. I use this in the AM to get over to broad ave and catch the bus. City of Englewood Trolley Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey