U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM

21,187 posts, read 5,524,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Most of Penn will be consumed by a flood of rotten, missing teeth from the rednecks that dominate the keystone state This apocalyptic occurrence will not be sent down by God, but by the tooth fairy, who punishes those who do not have the self respect & discipline to brush & floss on a regular basis.

Anyway........................ I'm from North Jersey & do not enjoy the atmosphere of seaside. I go down the Shore for quite & peace. Cape May has always been my favorite (even as a child).
Very beautiful, very serene environment. I will go to Hoboken, NYC, Newark if I want a ruckus nightlife.
I don't need to drive for an hour & a half for that.
Good video never the less. It should change its title, however. This is only a small slice of New Jersey life, not a representative of the whole.
ROTFLMAO. The missing teeth is State wide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM

22,841 posts, read 21,895,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
My name is Zarathustra and here is what my crystal ball tells me about the future of New Jersey:

In the year 2033, NJ will sink into a gigantic swamp pit that began as a pig sty better known today as The Meadowlands.

YouTube - In The Year 2525 Music Video

Gerania <--- buying beachfront in Cincinnati

Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 AM

2,705 posts, read 7,115,349 times
Good Lord, could this guy have picked any place OTHER than Seaside, aka the trashiest place in the world? It's bad enough that everybody from NY associates NJ with this trashy town.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Good Lord, could this guy have picked any place OTHER than Seaside, aka the trashiest place in the world? It's bad enough that everybody from NY associates NJ with this trashy town.
They could have picked Asbury Park.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:01 PM

10,425 posts, read 43,617,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
My name is Zarathustra and here is what my crystal ball tells me about the future of New Jersey:

In the year 2033, NJ will sink into a gigantic swamp pit that began as a pig sty better known today as The Meadowlands.
And by the year 2034 the govt will pass a bill requiring anyone who's name has more letters then the entire alphabet will be required to change to a more normal earthling name.

Also in that same year the wonderful Amish people will take over the entire PA government rule.

Hey maybe by then a PA team might even win a pennant !!!

Old 12-16-2008, 01:04 PM

10,425 posts, read 43,617,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
They could have picked Asbury Park.
Mike is Seaside really that bad today? I have a lot of good memories of Seaside but that was like 30 years ago when I was in high school. Howhas it gone down hill? I am up to date and current on Asbury Parks plight.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:23 PM

266 posts, read 483,581 times
I too remember Seaside over 35 years ago. It was great from a kid's point of view. But haven't been there for many years. Is it that bad?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM

13,511 posts, read 14,497,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey Ann View Post
I too remember Seaside over 35 years ago. It was great from a kid's point of view. But haven't been there for many years. Is it that bad?
It's a fun place to kill a day or two, during the summer season, where you and your kids can ride on rides and play arcade games while you people watch, eat delicious, politically incorrect food and chill out.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Mike is Seaside really that bad today? I have a lot of good memories of Seaside but that was like 30 years ago when I was in high school. Howhas it gone down hill? I am up to date and current on Asbury Parks plight.
I never had a problem with Seaside, either as a kid or adult. Some people have complained that it was over run with rowdy teens during the summer but I never noticed it.

Asbury is/was a different story. The Boardwalk, alone, was boarded up and almost completely shut down.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:50 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,268,144 times
I think it was a good idea to focus on Seaside Heights because that's a place everyone goes atleast once a year from all over. He's right about feeling the seasons change hard. I use to go on the sand at night eating food until 2 or 3 am when the fourwheelers tell us to pack up. Met an Israeli girl in some shop but she was going back to Israeli in Sept. Saw my only magic trick - a realll magic trick at Seaside, this guy made an orange disappear and did it over and over freakin amazing. Once stole a stuffed animal because the game guy tricked us thinking that a puny stuffed animal was large. Once walked from Seaside Park to get a pizza, seeing the ferris wheel in the distance we didnt think it would be a 3 miles walk! Then when we got the pizza back sand blew in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or