Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:51 PM
EB2 EB2 started this thread

1,925 posts, read 6,336,869 times

Advertisements

Pretty random, but I got it from another forum I post in on another site.

I loved/enjoyed it, and hope you guys will, too (my favorite part was the beginning, because most NJ people really aren't how others outside of NJ see them).

Driving Jersey - the movie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:29 PM

96 posts, read 236,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post

I loved/enjoyed it, and hope you guys will, too (my favorite part was the beginning, because most NJ people really aren't how others outside of NJ see them).

I watched the video and it's an interesting and well-done documentary about Seaside Heights. Yet from the title "Driving Jersey" I was expecting to see footage from other parts of New Jersey, not just Seaside Heights. There's so much more to Jersey than this particular shore town... north, central, and south.

Perhaps they plan to film other parts of Jersey, and if so, then the title of the website will be an accurate description.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
EB2 EB2 started this thread

1,925 posts, read 6,336,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofietrt View Post
I watched the video and it's an interesting and well-done documentary about Seaside Heights. Yet from the title "Driving Jersey" I was expecting to see footage from other parts of New Jersey, not just Seaside Heights. There's so much more to Jersey than this particular shore town... north, central, and south.

Perhaps they plan to film other parts of Jersey, and if so, then the title of the website will be an accurate description.
they've uploaded more videos on youtube.com

just type in Driving Jersey.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM

223 posts, read 793,793 times
My name is Zarathustra and here is what my crystal ball tells me about the future of New Jersey:

In the year 2033, NJ will sink into a gigantic swamp pit that began as a pig sty better known today as The Meadowlands.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:57 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,325,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
My name is Zarathustra and here is what my crystal ball tells me about the future of New Jersey:

In the year 2033, NJ will sink into a gigantic swamp pit that began as a pig sty better known today as The Meadowlands.
And Montrose will be washed away in heavy rains after all the timber is cut by the lumber companies.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:10 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,777,428 times
Thanks for sharing that vid. I'd like to see more of his work on NJ.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post

I tried to look at this but got the display that DrivingJersey is under construction.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM

32,765 posts, read 35,979,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I tried to look at this but got the display that DrivingJersey is under construction.
Yeah, I saw that. There are a few shorter interviews on youtube listed under Driving Jersey. I thought that it was pretty cool that I knew a woman toward the beginning of the tape. One of the guys on there has a web page that I've read.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Yeah, I saw that. There are a few shorter interviews on youtube listed under Driving Jersey. I thought that it was pretty cool that I knew a woman toward the beginning of the tape. One of the guys on there has a web page that I've read.
Having learned to drive in NJ and had gotten my first license there, it would have been interesting. YES, I'm STILL a Jersey driver.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,937,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post

Most of Penn will be consumed by a flood of rotten, missing teeth from the rednecks that dominate the keystone state This apocalyptic occurrence will not be sent down by God, but by the tooth fairy, who punishes those who do not have the self respect & discipline to brush & floss on a regular basis.

Anyway........................ I'm from North Jersey & do not enjoy the atmosphere of seaside. I go down the Shore for quite & peace. Cape May has always been my favorite (even as a child).
Very beautiful, very serene environment. I will go to Hoboken, NYC, Newark if I want a ruckus nightlife.
I don't need to drive for an hour & a half for that.
Good video never the less. It should change its title, however. This is only a small slice of New Jersey life, not a representative of the whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey