Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 28,518 times

Advertisements

How is the houses near concord ave comparing with vauxhall area? should be more expensive in terms of prices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM

Default Concord ave area

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
Union is a nice town. I am Portuguese, though I don't live there my parents do. They live by Chestnut St., I went to school at Kean and I think it's a nice town. It's not Cranford like was mentioned but very nice and close to other towns like Cranford, Westfield for small town activities. Pricey for one person but on 2 incomes, it's nice and affordable.

Can you tell me if concord ave area houses can be compared with vauxhall area houses? Is concord ave area OK in terms of desirbility, safty. I plan to buy rentals.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 AM

116 posts, read 238,815 times
Vauxhall is a real rundown area and can be very crime ridden. It is very close to Irvington and that garbage spills into Vauxhall. I wouldn't buy rentals there unless you wanted to deal with Section 8 housing renters and a constant fear of crime. It is not a desirable area.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
Vauxhall is a real rundown area and can be very crime ridden. It is very close to Irvington and that garbage spills into Vauxhall. I wouldn't buy rentals there unless you wanted to deal with Section 8 housing renters and a constant fear of crime. It is not a desirable area.

I am looking at a house on the board with maplewood, close to Vauxhall area (a few blocks away) on the concord ave. Is it a good place to buy rental? Thanks.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 AM

614 posts, read 1,375,850 times
Everyone I know moved far away from Union, said it's getting bad, the town is changing and it's time to move. I've been in Union for over 30 years and yes it has changed some good some bad.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 AM

79 posts, read 185,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtc78 View Post
I am looking at a house on the board with maplewood, close to Vauxhall area (a few blocks away) on the concord ave. Is it a good place to buy rental? Thanks.
Anything near Vauxhall no way... I was just there in September, my step dad worked at Joe's Pizza which is right on Vauxhall Rd ... The locals really don't bother you, but will be sneaky and break into your car or house..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72
Everyone I know moved far away from Union, said it's getting bad, the town is changing and it's time to move. I've been in Union for over 30 years and yes it has changed some good some bad.
When I come home to Jersey I say at my Best Friends house on Nicholas Ave, I really like it and really thinking of buying a house there...

I know over by Lincoln Tech/Beer Temple where we used to drink has changed a bit tho..

Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,370 times
There are some great houses for sale in union. Older, beautiful, colonials with all the bells and whistles attached.

Not sure the good and bad areas of Union but there are parts of Union that border Clark and Cranford that seem find. I had no idea Vauxhall was that bad..

Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM

79 posts, read 185,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I had no idea Vauxhall was that bad..

It always was bad, but not violent bad like Irvington, but Vauxhall actually borders Maplewood and those houses get broken into a lot.. Where Vauxhall Rd borders Irvington that is actually Stuyvesant Rd and is actually Union not Vauxhall..

My best friend owned Jay's Grill on Vauxhall Rd a few years back, you got your occasional dead beat that would walk in an ask for free food.. Some individuals sleeping in his parking lot, his place was never robbed.. There was a few fights outside due to Hawk's Tavern Being down the street..

Vauxhall Rd does get heavily watched by Union and Maplewood Police.. Will some locals approach you and act like they are asking for directions to feel you out.. Yes they will...

They are trying to clean it up tho, so who knows all my years going through there I never had a issue.. But I knew a lot of people there so I was kinda a local

Old 03-12-2013, 12:37 PM

116 posts, read 238,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
There are some great houses for sale in union. Older, beautiful, colonials with all the bells and whistles attached.

Not sure the good and bad areas of Union but there are parts of Union that border Clark and Cranford that seem find. I had no idea Vauxhall was that bad..
No such thing exists.

For the record my Mom lives in Union and I am trying to get her out of their within a year. No one who is educated is moving into that town and if they are it is near the train station and the kids go to private school and the parents work in NYC. I am sure there are rental opportunities but I rather not deal with crime, especially in the area the one poster is looking.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolie View Post
No such thing exists.

For the record my Mom lives in Union and I am trying to get her out of their within a year. No one who is educated is moving into that town and if they are it is near the train station and the kids go to private school and the parents work in NYC. I am sure there are rental opportunities but I rather not deal with crime, especially in the area the one poster is looking.

But from the forum, it seems that union is a ok town. I just don't that specific area is OK or not as it is close to Vauxhall. Please comments on which area are not so good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey