U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,143,161 times

Advertisements

Maria's Italian Bistro in Franklinville, NJ has the best pizza I have eaten in a long, long time. Thin crust, perfect blend of cheese, sauce and spices, served piping hot...Now I'm really craving it! One bite and I was hooked...this is for all of you South Jerseyans, give it a try if you're in that neck of the woods (it is kind of out there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 02:12 PM

25,419 posts, read 24,202,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Maria's Italian Bistro in Franklinville, NJ has the best pizza I have eaten in a long, long time. Thin crust, perfect blend of cheese, sauce and spices, served piping hot...Now I'm really craving it! One bite and I was hooked...this is for all of you South Jerseyans, give it a try if you're in that neck of the woods (it is kind of out there).
^ http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/drool.gif (broken link) ^

Old 10-04-2007, 09:38 PM

15 posts, read 44,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
Oh, man..is that still there? I haven't been there in 30 years You're right, that's good "pie". I love Maruca's down in Seaside, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Trenton gets no respect!!! What about De Lorenzo's!?
Maruca's is originally from Trenton. My mom lived near the owners. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Vic's in Bradley beach isn't bad
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emstee22 View Post
the sawmill in seaside anyone?

love that place!
A little too greasy for me but good for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe neckbone View Post
i came here and got a hot dog and all they put on it was ketchup and mustard

i got sum pizza and it was paper thin like a frozen pizza

it's like it's all done quickly and cheaply around here

someone help me out here cuz if you call this good food ur nuts

i'm in the maplewood area

i need pizza that isn't paper thin, and hot dogs that have more ingredients than sumthin you buy on the corner
I came here and got a hot dog. All they put on it was ketchup and mustard.
I tried some pizza and it was paper thin, like a frozen pizza. It seems like it is all done quickly and cheaply in NJ.
Someone please help me because if you call this food then you are nuts. I'm in the Maplewood area.
I need pizza that is not paper thin and hot dogs that have more ingredients then something you buy on the corner. If you can help me with my grammar, I would appreciate it as well.

Last edited by jen973; 10-04-2007 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: i is a high skool graduate

Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,984,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen973 View Post
Maruca's is originally from Trenton. My mom lived near the owners. :-)

I agree!

A little too greasy for me but good for the price.

I came here and got a hot dog. All they put on it was ketchup and mustard.
I tried some pizza and it was paper thin, like a frozen pizza. It seems like it is all done quickly and cheaply in NJ.
Someone please help me because if you call this food then you are nuts. I'm in the Maplewood area.
I need pizza that is not paper thin and hot dogs that have more ingredients then something you buy on the corner. If you can help me with my grammar, I would appreciate it as well.
Let me take you to Pizzaland in North Arlington or Algeri's in Bellevile. You will be a believer in Jersey pie after these two orgasmic experiences.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:21 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,273,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
Let me take you to Pizzaland in North Arlington or Algeri's in Bellevile. You will be a believer in Jersey pie after these two orgasmic experiences.
Pizzaland, is that the one on The Sopranos intro? Always wondered where it was!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:45 AM

2,179 posts, read 5,984,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Pizzaland, is that the one on The Sopranos intro? Always wondered where it was!
Yep that's the one! The crust and sauce are to die for but the cheese is greasy. I always blot it down with paper towels before I eat it.

Watch out though because his regular cheese pizzas are double cheese everywhere else

Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 PM

10 posts, read 49,397 times
Love the plain pizzas at Ness Pizza in Fair Lawn. Super thin crispy crust, lots of sauce, gooey cheese....very tasty!

There's a picture of Tony Sirico (Sopranos) hanging on the wall, looks like he's been there too...

Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM

299 posts, read 1,195,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
JerZ - Are you gonna pant & drool all the way back to Jersey??? Enjoy your trip And for the best pizza Sal's in Turnersville (Gloucester county)

Old 10-11-2007, 06:33 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,265,072 times
two places for me:
for every day awsome pizza--Dominic's in Totowa
for "date" pizza "al piatto"--Cafe Capri in rutherford. it's great for lunch, dinner, or desert

Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,678,825 times
best pizza in New Jersey is
Carmines in Netcong...........people use to drive an hour away to Netcong to get those pizzas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or