U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 PM

12,284 posts, read 30,973,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
best pizza in New Jersey is
Carmines in Netcong...........people use to drive an hour away to Netcong to get those pizzas.
no kidding, huh? where is it, I'm only about 15 min or so away - I should go!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,678,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Has anyone ever been to the Reservoir Tavern in Boonton? They've been around since I think 1936. This is the best pizza I've had in NJ. (Alta Pizzeria in Hazleton PA and Frank Pepe's Clam Pie in New Haven are the only ones that are better) Mack's in Wildwood is another great pie. Someone mentioned DiLorenzo's, this is a tomato only pie, which I hear is among the best, but I don't like just plain tomatoes. Yet another great pie is Tony's in Morris Plains. Finally Benny Tudino in Hoboken is one the biggest slices and also in my top 10.
Hey yes, we use to go to the Reservoir from Denville when we were kids.......everyone had to have their pies. Really, are they still there?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:55 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,984,191 times
Quote:
Hey yes, we use to go to the Reservoir from Denville when we were kids.......everyone had to have their pies. Really, are they still there?
The Reservoir? Oh man! I used to go out to Parsippany for work every now and then and I always made it a point to stop there. Best pie in Morris County, hands down. Do they still serve that insanely good veal parm?

Old 10-11-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
no kidding, huh? where is it, I'm only about 15 min or so away - I should go!
Well, I had to read this posting...........LOLOLOL
If he is still there ,which he was for decades........right on Main Street in Netcong.
When I lived in Denville we'd hear about his good pizza, sometimes someone would head up there. When I lived 5 min. from Carmines, we'd have his pizza every Thursday night, without fail.
Many times the families in Denville, Rockaway.....would go to Boonton to the Reservior also......That is when there were not too many choices in Pizza, but everyone seemed to enjoy theirs.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
The Reservoir? Oh man! I used to go out to Parsippany for work every now and then and I always made it a point to stop there. Best pie in Morris County, hands down. Do they still serve that insanely good veal parm?
Well Gosh, who around here is from Boonton or Parsippany...........?
Its been quite sometime for me anyhow, wonder if they have the same cook

Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM

57 posts, read 286,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe neckbone View Post
i came here and got a hot dog and all they put on it was ketchup and mustard

i got sum pizza and it was paper thin like a frozen pizza

it's like it's all done quickly and cheaply around here

someone help me out here cuz if you call this good food ur nuts

i'm in the maplewood area

i need pizza that isn't paper thin, and hot dogs that have more ingredients than sumthin you buy on the corner
In Chicago you have to load up your hot dogs with all kinds of stuff to hide the taste and color. How much red dye #2 do you people put in there anyway?

We want to taste a real European style frankfurter all we need is mustard and maybe some sauerkraut.

As for that thing you people call Pizza, again you need to load it up with crap because no one ingredient is able to stand on it's own. you hide the poor quality under stuff.

Even New Jersey pizza is made fresh with high quality ingredients. and if we are in the mood for the thick crust there is always Sicilian pizza.
If we want something that taste like Chicago pizza we can go to Pizza Hut.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:34 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,973,552 times
Quote:
Well, I had to read this posting...........LOLOLOL
If he is still there ,which he was for decades........right on Main Street in Netcong.
When I lived in Denville we'd hear about his good pizza, sometimes someone would head up there. When I lived 5 min. from Carmines, we'd have his pizza every Thursday night, without fail.
Many times the families in Denville, Rockaway.....would go to Boonton to the Reservior also......That is when there were not too many choices in Pizza, but everyone seemed to enjoy theirs.
LOL! I thought I was off "the list" - LOL!!! I'll give you another rep - maybe that'll seal the deal!!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM

7,965 posts, read 16,794,203 times
Quote:
Not only are they still there, you still can't get a seat if you arrive after 5-5:30. That's ok, I usually had 3 Rolling Rocks prior to getting seated anyway. And there all the same pies. The tables, chairs, menus, everything looks from the 1960s. What a fantastic atmosphere and restaurant.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 AM

5,439 posts, read 14,346,427 times
This is true (about the junk) a real pizza has Flour, water, salt, and MAYBE yeast. Pizza sauce is tomatos and salt. Notice I did not mention sugar or oil

Old 10-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LOL! I thought I was off "the list" - LOL!!! I'll give you another rep - maybe that'll seal the deal!!
Yeah, your off the Hit list.........you buttered me up.......with rep
Let me know if you try Carmines and if they are still there, they were for a longggggggggg time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or