Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 07:35 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,986 times

Advertisements

Reservoir Pizzeria in South Orange. No fancy stuff. Thin Crust and one size only. Nothing like it. I grew up on it and now no pizza compares...it's the thing I miss the most now that I live in Toms River.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 09:27 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
Pete and Elda's? Is that the place in Neptune with PAPER thin crust pizza? If so I'll agree it's awesome. It's so thin I can pack away a whole pie!

There's a place in South Jersey on the Ocean City boardwalk that has simply phenomenal pizza. It's not Mack and Manco's (the most well-known place in OC), rather another establishment. I really wish I could remember its name. Soooo good.

Mmmm. I'm getting hungry. I'm gonna pick up a slice, but from a not-the-best-but-still-kinda-ok-especially-at-midnight place over here on Bergen Ave in Jersey City.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:32 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Pete and Elda's? Is that the place in Neptune with PAPER thin crust pizza? If so I'll agree it's awesome. It's so thin I can pack away a whole pie!

There's a place in South Jersey on the Ocean City boardwalk that has simply phenomenal pizza. It's not Mack and Manco's (the most well-known place in OC), rather another establishment. I really wish I could remember its name. Soooo good.

Mmmm. I'm getting hungry. I'm gonna pick up a slice, but from a not-the-best-but-still-kinda-ok-especially-at-midnight place over here on Bergen Ave in Jersey City.
That's it. Atkins be damned, I'm gonna tuck into a big-arse pie when I visit NJ in a couple weeks.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
That's it. Atkins be damned, I'm gonna tuck into a big-arse pie when I visit NJ in a couple weeks.
Good thinking. S***W Atkins...my motto is "just buy bigger clothes" (my husband must just love that now that my butt is almost the size of the Hindenberg(sp?). And, hey, they're tax free in Jersey - BONUS!

Have fun!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Good thinking. S***W Atkins...my motto is "just buy bigger clothes" (my husband must just love that now that my butt is almost the size of the Hindenberg(sp?). And, hey, they're tax free in Jersey - BONUS!

Have fun!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're the best, mikenbacismama.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
No one has mentioned Pete and Elda's? Crazy--hands down the best!
See post #5 in this thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,472 times
Quote:
See post #5 in this thread
Sorry, exhdo1--clearly I can't read.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
This thread prompted another trip to Star Tavern last night. There was something I noticed. We got 1 pie plain, and one with spinach and garlic. The plain pie was just phenomenal. Hands down the best in the world, EVER! But the pie with stuff on it was not much different than any other good pizza. It's definitely the crispy, paper thin crust that makes it so good, and I think it's probably harder to keep the crust crispy when there is stuff on top of the pizza.

Just an observation.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM

57 posts, read 309,729 times
The best pizza in New Jersey is just "OK" by Brooklyn standards.
And any place on a Boardwalk that is only open during the season and caters to tourists has got to be awful.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New Jersey and could never live in Brooklyn again but the food here sucks with very few exceptions.
But what should I expect in a state where people don’t seem to care about supporting local businesses or farmers and corporate chains and big box stores rule.
The good part about having lousy restaurants is that I have honed my cooking skills.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:00 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
The best pizza in New Jersey is just "OK" by Brooklyn standards.
And any place on a Boardwalk that is only open during the season and caters to tourists has got to be awful.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New Jersey and could never live in Brooklyn again but the food here sucks with very few exceptions.
But what should I expect in a state where people don’t seem to care about supporting local businesses or farmers and corporate chains and big box stores rule.
The good part about having lousy restaurants is that I have honed my cooking skills.
I disagree. I went to the "famous" Di Faras in Midwood yesterday and it was OK at best. We the headed over to Spimoni Gardens in Bensonhurst and that was better, but I've had better quality pies in Jersey.

Any suggestions on a good pizza joint in BK? I will make the trip out next weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey