Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times

Advertisements

Trenton gets no respect!!! What about De Lorenzo's!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:29 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
See post #5 in this thread
If you eat the whole pie, which isn't that hard to do cause it's so thin (yum) you get the t-shirt, "I ate the whole thing at Pete & Elda's" or something like that. My neice has one, but if I remember she said the "whole thing" was like $20 per person. It's a good "hook"

Old 09-30-2007, 10:03 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I disagree. I went to the "famous" Di Faras in Midwood yesterday and it was OK at best. We the headed over to Spimoni Gardens in Bensonhurst and that was better, but I've had better quality pies in Jersey.

Any suggestions on a good pizza joint in BK? I will make the trip out next weekend.
Sorry, But we have the Best Pizza, Brooklyn Transplants. I even found coments from NJ transpants. Yes, they are here also.

Joey's House of Pizza -- Brentwood, TN - Joey's House of Pizza -- Brentwood, TN -- Quality Italian Foods SInce 1965
Thought I was back in N.J. - Joeys House of Pizza Brentwood, 37027

Diane
Any of the Marlboro/ Manalapan pizza places did not come close and this one has a nicer atmosphere inside. It's in a good sized business park, so if you go at 12pm , there is a line out the door.
There are about 4 other restaurants in that strip mall in complex, including a Jersey Mikes.
Diane

Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
The best pizza in New Jersey is just "OK" by Brooklyn standards.
And any place on a Boardwalk that is only open during the season and caters to tourists has got to be awful.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New Jersey and could never live in Brooklyn again but the food here sucks with very few exceptions.
But what should I expect in a state where people don’t seem to care about supporting local businesses or farmers and corporate chains and big box stores rule.
The good part about having lousy restaurants is that I have honed my cooking skills.
Where in Jersey do you live? South Jersey, Turnersville area has great pizza and many small Delcatessens. Having the transplants from Philadelphia has been a positive, especially for small local food shops. Sals pizza is the best as I'm sure most township folks agree. This township does support the local smaller shops & small farms. Duffields farm is small & yet full of lots going on expecially during holidays. Then there is Washington Lake Park that is incredible for all to enjoy, even concerts in the park with an amphitheater. I agree that more big box stores are moving in but a Deli like Talutos, and the Antiques Only ,but Not Only Antiques shop are here to stay & are truely remarkable in what the do for the community. Anyone agree with me?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepke View Post
The best pizza in New Jersey is just "OK" by Brooklyn standards.
And any place on a Boardwalk that is only open during the season and caters to tourists has got to be awful.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New Jersey and could never live in Brooklyn again but the food here sucks with very few exceptions.
But what should I expect in a state where people don’t seem to care about supporting local businesses or farmers and corporate chains and big box stores rule.
The good part about having lousy restaurants is that I have honed my cooking skills.
this is actually less true here than in *most* states. honestly. i've been to places where all you see in big box, chain, NOOOOO local retailers. it's creepy.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
a tip on reheating slices......

take your slice, throw it in a frying pan on the stove for a few minutes, and cover. it gets the crust really crisp and heats up the cheese nicely. don't even think about throwing it in the microwave!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,852 times
Quote:
Sorry, But we have the Best Pizza, Brooklyn Transplants. I even found coments from NJ transpants. Yes, they are here also.

Joey's House of Pizza -- Brentwood, TN - Joey's House of Pizza -- Brentwood, TN -- Quality Italian Foods SInce 1965
Thought I was back in N.J. - Joeys House of Pizza Brentwood, 37027

Diane
Any of the Marlboro/ Manalapan pizza places did not come close and this one has a nicer atmosphere inside. It's in a good sized business park, so if you go at 12pm , there is a line out the door.
There are about 4 other restaurants in that strip mall in complex, including a Jersey Mikes.
Diane
What...? So they took all the good pizza and left for Nashville. Such a shame... Soon there will be nothing left here in Jersey.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
What...? So they took all the good pizza and left for Nashville. Such a shame... Soon there will be nothing left here in Jersey.
No, no, no!!! You were supposed to "IGNORE"!!!!
Here we go again....Watching a stuck pig bleed to death!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,196 times
Brothers Pizza in East Brunswick, but make sure you leave the credit and debit cards at home. This is a cash only establishment.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,104,546 times
Turvino's Pizzeria in Glen Rock always good pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey