Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM

9,344 posts, read 20,695,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
Delorenzo's in Trenton is great... But it is a distant second to DeVito's pizza, also in Trenton.
An example of DeLorenzo's greatness:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 AM

213 posts, read 782,520 times
Delorenzo in Trenton sells about 500 pizzas a night, what does that tell ya?

Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,448,634 times
were they the one's voted 2nd best in the US? i think that is the one i had a couple of weeks ago on my visit home. a freind of my brother's drove it all the way to north jersey for us. it was very good.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,813,938 times
Anyone else a self proclaimed pizzaiolo? I am an amateur but make pizzas at least a few times a week. Make dough 3# at a time. I would make more, but I have have gone through 3 KitchenAid mixers (my next will be a hobart). I buy flour in 50# bags, cheese in 5#. I have thought about opening a pizza place but the market here is crazy. There are at least 15 pizza places within a 5 minute drive. I am not sure what pizza place I like the best in NJ. I did enjoy "Luzzos" in the city. I do feel like I could make a very great pie if I had the oven (temperature) to cook it fast enough. I need like 800 F.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:21 PM

81 posts, read 244,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post
No one has mentioned Pete and Elda's? Crazy--hands down the best!
omg! you know it!!!
Pete & Elda's is defff. the best!!
Neptune, NJ!!!
GOO!!!!!!
it's also known as Carmen's..
but mostly Pete and Eldas.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:13 PM

30 posts, read 101,913 times
Any more suggestions in South Jersey? Specifically Cherry Hill / Voorhees area? I like Passariello's the best so far, but I'd like more options if possible...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,448,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Anyone else a self proclaimed pizzaiolo? I am an amateur but make pizzas at least a few times a week. Make dough 3# at a time. I would make more, but I have have gone through 3 KitchenAid mixers (my next will be a hobart). I buy flour in 50# bags, cheese in 5#. I have thought about opening a pizza place but the market here is crazy. There are at least 15 pizza places within a 5 minute drive. I am not sure what pizza place I like the best in NJ. I did enjoy "Luzzos" in the city. I do feel like I could make a very great pie if I had the oven (temperature) to cook it fast enough. I need like 800 F.
hey joe,
come down to NC and open a place--we could use it. the number of good italian anything is few and FAR between. they exist and you really have to drive 30-40 minutes to get depending on where you live. we tried and italian restaurant near us and well, my sadness turned to anger and now i just want to cry, the place is always full and the food is HORRIBLE....

Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 AM

10 posts, read 42,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Has anyone ever been to the Reservoir Tavern in Boonton? They've been around since I think 1936. This is the best pizza I've had in NJ. (Alta Pizzeria in Hazleton PA and Frank Pepe's Clam Pie in New Haven are the only ones that are better) Mack's in Wildwood is another great pie. Someone mentioned DiLorenzo's, this is a tomato only pie, which I hear is among the best, but I don't like just plain tomatoes. Yet another great pie is Tony's in Morris Plains. Finally Benny Tudino in Hoboken is one the biggest slices and also in my top 10.
Reservoir is awesome! We work in Parsippany and we make that trip every so often -- yum!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:01 AM

10 posts, read 42,735 times
When I lived in the Colonia area, Pizza Time in Avenel is really good. We always stop there when we're in the area...anyone else every try it?

Anyone have any suggestions for the Madison/Chatham area? We've had some okay pizza since moving here (Villa, Rocco's -- meh) and some horrible pizza...anyone have any better suggestions?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 AM

718 posts, read 2,320,169 times
Catch the next flight out of Newark and go to Italy.

On a serious note Anthony Franco's on 46 in Parsippany makes a great Caprese pizza. Reminded me of italy.

Most NJ pizza is the chucky cheese pizza gooped up in American cheese. Anything I have ever had south of 195 is gross. To all you South Jersey people who sweat Mack and Mancos on the OC boardwalk or those joints like "King of Pizza" in the Camden area, you are eating garbage thats no different than pizza in Kansas. That is not NJ pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey