Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 AM

4 posts, read 5,848 times

Advertisements

1. In terms of crime & living, how is this area compared to Fort Lee south of 95?

2. Do any private/spanish buses run on Lemoine ave towards the bridge?

3. There seems to be some complaints about Elementary 3, yet it's won a blue ribbon recently
and the test scores are quite comparable to #1 and #4.

Is this just a matter of select, disgruntled parents?

4. Hopefully the easiest question: For daycare purposes, I'd probably need to drop off my child south of 95 (that's where most of the good pre-ks seem to be). Is this even feasible during the morning rush hour, when everybody's trying to get through main st. to cross the bridge?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hythlodayr View Post
1. In terms of crime & living, how is this area compared to Fort Lee south of 95?
I dont think there is any difference at all. All fun starts way south somewhere in North Bergen, but that's 3-4 miles.

Quote:
2. Do any private/spanish buses run on Lemoine ave towards the bridge?
nope. those buses are on Andersen Ave...
Lemoine has NJ transit 156 and 186 buses. 156(R) goes to 42nd st, 186 goes across the bridge to 175 A train

Quote:
3. There seems to be some complaints about Elementary 3, yet it's won a blue ribbon recently
and the test scores are quite comparable to #1 and #4.
I dont know nothing about no compalaints
My son goes there. He just finished his 2nd grade and I had no problem with teachers or principal

Quote:
4. Hopefully the easiest question: For daycare purposes, I'd probably need to drop off my child south of 95 (that's where most of the good pre-ks seem to be). Is this even feasible during the morning rush hour, when everybody's trying to get through main st. to cross the bridge?
Commute from Fairview to the bridge is 10-15 minutes... once in a month or so, due to some accident or whatever in the Bronx, bridge traffic goes crazy and both Andersen and Palisades are packed. it can take 30-45 minuted to get to the bridge, but that's very rare.
Coming from north is not a problem at all...
There is also Palisades Preschool @ 5/6th streets and Wall St.

hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:30 PM

286 posts, read 850,947 times
I live in the Coytesville section of Fort Lee. It is not different that south Fort Lee, really. No crime here. Houses are just as nice. Fort Lee is the same throughout in terms of living. High taxes and everything.

No Jitney stops really. They are near the bridge and on Main Street. I think there is one Jitney stop for seniors at the H-Mart on Fletcher.

As for the daycare drive, it is doable. There is sometimes traffic on Fletcher that could be bad, but Lemoine is better. I drive my son down Fletcher to drop him off at School number 3, I do hit traffic, but it is not too bad. But, yes there are times it can be a nightmare, but is is rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey