Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 AM

8 posts, read 16,020 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a house to buy. We really like to live in a nice and quite but very safe area. My 12 years old is going gifted and talented school in Brooklyn so also schools are very important for us. We plan to work from home so to reach NYC is not really our main concern. If we don't see a lot of people around it's okay, but it's good to know that we can reach to our neighbor when we need it. Real estate agent also told us about Manalapan and Marlboro too! I really appreciate it if you can give some idea to us.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 10:50 AM

901 posts, read 2,247,801 times
I like Cream ridge best of all those choices

Old 07-05-2012, 11:23 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times
Which Freehold? Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Upper Freehold? If your realtor mentioned Manalapan and Marlboro, I'm thinking they were referring to Freehold Township. Either way, Cream Ridge and Millstone are kind of rural for the most part (larger properties, farms etc) and so is Upper Freehold. Freehold Township, Manalapan and Marlboro are similar to each other. Lots of developments, retail shopping etc. You do know that Cream Ridge is nearly 20 miles away from Marlboro?

Old 07-05-2012, 12:45 PM

yes Freehold Township. We don't know NJ a lot so we start to look towns which is closer to NYC... Glen Ridge, Nutley and after Freehold.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilufer View Post
yes Freehold Township. We don't know NJ a lot so we start to look towns which is closer to NYC... Glen Ridge, Nutley and after Freehold.
Nutley then Glen Ridge, lastly Freehold. Your all over the map. Nutley is a lot different than Cream Ridge, plus they are 60 miles apart. I think you may want to start with narrowing down a county first. Good luck too you.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 AM

No we're sure about Freehold, Millstone and Cream Ridge area. Before both I and my husband was working at NYC but now we decide to continue with our home business so we don't need to live close to NYC.

My only concern is Allandale High School. When I check the greatschool.com I saw that it's only 7/10 when Freehold is 9/10. My son is already continue gifted talented school in Brooklyn and his school's level is higher than the regular public school. We liked a house at Cream Ridge and it has all the features we are looking for. We have some expectations because we will be at home 7/24 after now and couldn't find what we are looking for in Freehold. Same time I'm thinking what is going to happen to my son's education.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:26 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
OK to the guy who ask specifically for which Freehold, clearly nobody means Upper Freehold when they say Freehold, and the difference between Freehold Township and Freehold Borough is negligible. If someone really wants to live in FH Boro, they'd refer to it as "downtown". And Upper Freehold is an entirely different town altogether, that's mostly, from what I understand, Cream Ridge, and more often referred to as such, plus the Imnlaystown area.

As to the OP, could you clarify the education situation? Is your son going to go to the public school of your town? Is he going to continue in Brooklyn? Is it a live-in school? Will he have to commute there? If he has to commute there I'd say don't torture him with a Monmouth county-to-Brooklyn commute, and live closer. But honestly we can't answer unless you clarify this situation. Also perhaps describe the kinds of things you and your S.O. like and like to do.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
OK to the guy who ask specifically for which Freehold, clearly nobody means Upper Freehold when they say Freehold, and the difference between Freehold Township and Freehold Borough is negligible. If someone really wants to live in FH Boro, they'd refer to it as "downtown". And Upper Freehold is an entirely different town altogether, that's mostly, from what I understand, Cream Ridge, and more often referred to as such, plus the Imnlaystown area.

As to the OP, could you clarify the education situation? Is your son going to go to the public school of your town? Is he going to continue in Brooklyn? Is it a live-in school? Will he have to commute there? If he has to commute there I'd say don't torture him with a Monmouth county-to-Brooklyn commute, and live closer. But honestly we can't answer unless you clarify this situation. Also perhaps describe the kinds of things you and your S.O. like and like to do.
I am the guy that asked which Freehold. When someone asks about Cream Ridge and Millstone, one would assume when they mention a Freehold comparison to those two towns they probably are talking about Upper Freehold. I've been living in Freehold Township for a long time. If you think there is no difference between the Township and the borough you have either A: haven't been here in at least 10 years or B: you are blind. People that live in the borough simply refer to it as THE BORO. People that live in the township DO NOT consider the BORO as our downtown. Just so you are crystal clear. Most of Cream Ridge, Millstone and Upper Freehold are pretty RURAL. The township and borough are NOT. Maybe you should get your facts straight before trying to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey