U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,189,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2ny View Post
Tenafly, NJ........ end of thread.

What is your beef with Tenalfy? If you dont mind me asking

I love hearing about these things

Old 01-14-2008, 11:32 AM

467 posts, read 1,523,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
THIS IS VERY FUNNY!

I love this fishing thing

Old 01-14-2008, 11:58 AM

625 posts, read 3,262,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin1 View Post
Ridgewood, hands down.

I just got a ticket in Ridgewood. No wonder he ran my plates. He knew I didn't belong and didn't want me to come back

Old 01-14-2008, 01:18 PM

63 posts, read 214,373 times
They forgot a few towns to add to the snobbery list:

Spring Lake (biggest snob town in the entire state of NJ, mansions right on the beach, far worse than Saddle River, Rigdgewood, or Alpine)
Colts Neck (where Queen Latifa is)
Rumson (where Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi are)

Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 2,847,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
I just got a ticket in Ridgewood. No wonder he ran my plates. He knew I didn't belong and didn't want me to come back
do you mean that he targeted you regardless of whatever your violation was?? I find that a bit hard to believe!

why don't you just accept responsibility and the consequences of whatever you did to cause yourself to get pulled over

Old 01-14-2008, 02:22 PM

625 posts, read 3,262,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
do you mean that he targeted you regardless of whatever your violation was?? I find that a bit hard to believe!

why don't you just accept responsibility and the consequences of whatever you did to cause yourself to get pulled over

UHHH driving was my reason for getting pulled over and I will leave it at that. Not in the mood for your underhanded comments.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM

276 posts, read 1,223,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post

I live in Ridgewood, I'm afraid to admit. It DOES happen. Seriously, what else could possibly keep them busy in this town? I'm sorry it happened to you!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:32 PM

88 posts, read 479,619 times
TENAFLY, TENAFLY, TENAFLY! Thought I was in Connecticut, that's how snobby!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:23 PM

7,962 posts, read 16,772,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin1 View Post
I live in Ridgewood, I'm afraid to admit. It DOES happen. Seriously, what else could possibly keep them busy in this town? I'm sorry it happened to you!
I remember one time I was in a municipal parking lot in Ridgewood, I was in a business at the time where I serviced coin-operated equipment. I was just finishing my call, and arrived at my parking spot with a toolbag in one hand, and a bag of quarters in the other hand. It was a hot day, I'd walked about six blocks. My arms felt like rubber bands. Anyway, my arrival at my car coincided with a municipal worker who wrote tickets for overtime violations in the parking lot. My time was expired, and I knew it was, but I knew it wasn't by much. I was putting my toolbag and the money in the back of the car, and was getting in the car ready to go, the employee obviously saw I was leaving, and began to write out a ticket without even acknowledging me as I loaded the toolbag into the car. Perceiving this as complete arrogance, I told him I was on my way, and he ignored me, and finished up just as I was putting my car in gear, he put the ticket on the windshield wiper of the car. He began to saunter over to the next overtime meter, and I told him that he saw me leaving, etc. The entire time, he did not say one word to me, as I followed him over to the next car. Finally I said to him, "Fine if that's the way you want it, no problem." I pulled the car back into my spot, then proceeded to open the back of my trunk, and scoop two fistfuls of quarters out the coin bag I brought with me, and proceeded to start putting in a quarter for each overtime meter, in plain view of him. That's when he started to talk. A lot. He instantaneously went from very aloof to very pissed off. He kept saying "I want your name. You give me your name!" And I continued to ignore him, and went down the line and went to every overtime meter in the parking lot, while he was screaming at me two steps behind me the entire time. Then I proceeded to go out onto the street, and fill every overtime meter on the street. He then said he was going to get the police. This did not frighten me. I continued to feed the meters while he was scurrying off. I must have filled every meter within 3 blocks of the municipal parking lot. I've never felt more satisified. Ironically, the guy never came back. Someone at the station must have told him that I was doing nothing wrong.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 PM

41 posts, read 135,866 times
Haworth, Hillsdale, Upper Saddle River, Saddle River, Rockleigh, Closter, Alpine, Mountain Lakes. I'm not familiar with southern NJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or