Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:30 PM

303 posts, read 919,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
It's apparent you haven't been shopping for a home. The ones that are in a good location go rather quick.

Haha another agent come craweling out of the wood work now the market picked up a little. Were were u in 2007 to 2011 bro? Hiding from all the folks you suckered with your "buy now or be priced out forever" sales pitch. Now the markets getting a little good u come back and try and sell your goods. Always there ups and downs in the market but thinking that theres only one house in the world right for u is ludicerous. Any agent who tries to sell that old melodrama should be ashamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 08:38 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post

Haha another agent come craweling out of the wood work now the market picked up a little. Were were u in 2007 to 2011 bro? Hiding from all the folks you suckered with your "buy now or be priced out forever" sales pitch. Now the markets getting a little good u come back and try and sell your goods. Always there ups and downs in the market but thinking that theres only one house in the world right for u is ludicerous. Any agent who tries to sell that old melodrama should be ashamed.
What you didnt listen to RE agents?

Good time to buy

I know we all have to eat but lying or just being dumb enough to sell someone crap is horrible.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
What you didnt listen to RE agents?

Good time to buy

I know we all have to eat but lying or just being dumb enough to sell someone crap is horrible.
Not just horrible its psychopathetic. YOu got to be anti-social to take someone sell them the false dream and then sit back in your beamer and watch as there dream burns in foreclosure. Suckers who go for the "perfect home" concept even today are sitting in 750K mcmansions worth 400K.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Do you expect a car salesman to tell you not to buy a car? If everyone put on the their big boy pants and took responsibility for themselves and their own decisions this wouldn't be a problem.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Do you expect a car salesman to tell you not to buy a car? If everyone put on the their big boy pants and took responsibility for themselves and their own decisions this wouldn't be a problem.
My big boy pants are on and I agree with what you are saying. Thing is dont come on internet sites and make dumb claims that anyone with half a brain knows is not true. Or how about this one "I told you it was a good time to buy". Of course its a good time to buy you have said this for the past ten years so you could never be wrong.

Regarding the car salesman. That guy if ethical can guide you to a car you can afford or maybe a lease. A lot of RE agents should have directed people to smaller houses or rentals if they had their clients best interest in mind. Did that happen?

Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:

Regarding the car salesman. That guy if ethical can guide you to a car you can afford or maybe a lease. A lot of RE agents should have directed people to smaller houses or rentals if they had their clients best interest in mind. Did that happen?
I don't agree. Neither are financial advisors. Personally I would never even share my financial situation with my agent apart from how much I can afford to spend. If someone really can't figure it out on their own they should go to a financial expert to help them, not someone selling something.

Old 07-12-2012, 05:42 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljames View Post
ok we passed on a house several months ago and realize we should have bought it. Would it be absurd to offer to buy the house now obviously paying more to the new owner. Should we call or send letter. I know this is a longshot but every day I kick myself for not buying the house.
You could send a note to them but don't expect them to sell or have you make an offer. They obviously fell in love with the place too. My husband and I saw a sweet little house in the next town over from us and thought that someday someone would buy it, fix it up and it would be just amazing. It wasn't for sale when we bought our present home. Sure enough, it was purchased, fixed up and sold..we could kick ourselves. Would we make an offer to the present owner, no. They are obviously in love with this place or they wouldn't be in it.
I have had people offer us money or ask to let them know when we decide to sell our present home, but although flattering, I do love our home. Wait and see if it ever does come up for sale again and take a look at it from the inside after someone has lived there for a time...things could change.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPickle View Post

If you haven't been shopping for a house in 2012, then you shouldn't be making these kinds of statements. Hot Real Estate is location based.

I have been shopping for a house since 2011-2012, in a rather good location, and let me tell you, there's more bidding wars than you thought. I was outbid on my last three houses. It's almost like 2005-2006 when I was buying my condo.

Don't look at national news or data on Real Estate, it's the local RE that matters.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
If you haven't been shopping for a house in 2012, then you shouldn't be making these kinds of statements. Hot Real Estate is location based.

I have been shopping for a house since 2011-2012, in a rather good location, and let me tell you, there's more bidding wars than you thought. I was outbid on my last three houses. It's almost like 2005-2006 when I was buying my condo.

Don't look at national news or data on Real Estate, it's the local RE that matters.

Oh don't get all uppity fella. "hot real estate" is a myth created by agents to bump up prices. Trust me, I bought and should more house than you hat apple pies. All markets are demand and supply when demand goes up supply comes in and prices fall. Theres no such thing has a hot or cold market everything is demand and supply based. Rubes like u new to the market get suckerd in by the agent talk they cry like little girls when their fantasy land comes crashing down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey