U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:18 PM

12,284 posts, read 30,978,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
What a pretty picture, Tahiti. I really hope we're lucky enough to settle back in the Northeast again in the near future!
thanks! - but you know burning bushes are so much nicer *you know where*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 PM

25,424 posts, read 24,209,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved your burning bush, tahiti. (And we all know there's nothing wrong with that.)

I LOVE the picture, tears of sheer dorkiness sprang to my eyes when I looked at it.

mikenbacismama, from your lips to God's ears.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:34 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,658,088 times
Quote:
And it doesn't get better than seeing a beautiful burning bush in Music City while enjoying a cheesesteak made by one of those Philly transplants!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,289,677 times
Quote:
here ya go jerz - a glimpse of what you can look forward to - this is the burning bush in my front yard (taken today)...

It's very pretty. Nothing has turned here yet because we are in the 80s. I wish I knew how to put pictures here when things turn, because the Natchez State Parkway has some beautiful follage when it turns. Its a scenic highway with overlooks, that starts in Nashville, ends in Mississippi.
Diane

Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 AM

1,263 posts, read 3,658,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
It's very pretty. Nothing has turned here yet because we are in the 80s. I wish I knew how to put pictures here when things turn, because the Natchez State Parkway has some beautiful follage when it turns. Its a scenic highway with overlooks, that starts in Nashville, ends in Mississippi.
Diane
Diane, I'm sure your digital camera probably has instructions to do this. You should find a cable to connect to your computer.

I'm sure the foliage down there will be just as striking but, all kidding aside, you should really post them on the TN or Nashville sites, not here. I can honestly say that I don't come here for information on other areas, and I'm sure others feel the same. If I have interest in other states I go to the respective sites.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 AM

9,227 posts, read 20,253,831 times
I usually get a card reader, then take the compact flash out of the camera, put it in the reader, copy the photos to my hard drive. Once you have that done, you get a photo program to make the photos smaller - the one posted was 800 x 600. The only photo program I like to downsize pictures is MGI Photo Suite as it has an option to pick the width or length and automatically adjusts the other number to keep it proportioned.

Once you do that, you need to have a photo sharing site, people use photo bucket and Imageshack which is free.

PHOTO SOFTWARE

Irfanview - IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.
J Album- This software makes web albums of your digital images. JAlbum aims to be the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category - and free!
Picasa - photo software from google
Paint.net -free image editing and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.
The Gimp - photo program

Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 AM

7,966 posts, read 16,797,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Diane
IMO,

The Natchez Trace is one of the 10 most scenic roads I've driven on in the U.S. Absolutely stunning down in the Southern Mississippi area.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 AM

25,424 posts, read 24,209,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
Diane, I'm sure your digital camera probably has instructions to do this. You should find a cable to connect to your computer.

I'm sure the foliage down there will be just as striking but, all kidding aside, you should really post them on the TN or Nashville sites, not here. I can honestly say that I don't come here for information on other areas, and I'm sure others feel the same. If I have interest in other states I go to the respective sites.
Agreed. Appreciate all the info on Nashville but it's not going to be a huge help when I go to NJ. Anyway...I am SO EXCITED...and now am getting nervous (flying with a toddler; having to find the car place at Newark; etc.)...I can't believe the time has finally come.

Last time, I wasn't sure how to get to the car place and some nice guy came along and grabbed my suitcase and chatted with me the entire time he led me to that subway thingie and I assumed he must work for the airport or something, even though he had no uniform on. I tried to slip him two bucks as he was saying goodbye and he laughed "Get out of here!" and waved and was on his merry way! I don't believe I can count on that just happening out of the blue again so I'd better figure out where Avis is. I know it can't be all that hard...all I have to do is find that shuttle again.

Then I'll be drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen, drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen...to see my sister and the next morning, my biggest "little guy"--age 21 and eight inches taller than I--yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And my brother and his girlfriend, and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law and my cousin and her children and...and...I don't remember who else. For all I know they invited the mailman too. That's fine with me. My family, the mailman and I will all drive to go apple picking and up to Oktoberfest at Bear Mountain. I...can't...wait! (Did I mention that I can't wait?)

Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM

9,227 posts, read 20,253,831 times
You should be able to find the layout of Newark airport online. I know Philly was online last time I checked.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 PM

7,966 posts, read 16,797,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Agreed. Appreciate all the info on Nashville but it's not going to be a huge help when I go to NJ. Anyway...I am SO EXCITED...and now am getting nervous (flying with a toddler; having to find the car place at Newark; etc.)...I can't believe the time has finally come.

Last time, I wasn't sure how to get to the car place and some nice guy came along and grabbed my suitcase and chatted with me the entire time he led me to that subway thingie and I assumed he must work for the airport or something, even though he had no uniform on. I tried to slip him two bucks as he was saying goodbye and he laughed "Get out of here!" and waved and was on his merry way! I don't believe I can count on that just happening out of the blue again so I'd better figure out where Avis is. I know it can't be all that hard...all I have to do is find that shuttle again.

Then I'll be drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen, drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen...to see my sister and the next morning, my biggest "little guy"--age 21 and eight inches taller than I--yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And my brother and his girlfriend, and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law and my cousin and her children and...and...I don't remember who else. For all I know they invited the mailman too. That's fine with me. My family, the mailman and I will all drive to go apple picking and up to Oktoberfest at Bear Mountain. I...can't...wait! (Did I mention that I can't wait?)

That is going to be a tough airplane ride back, I'll bet. As exhilirating as the trip back is, I find with a lot of these vacations, the ensuing low is always lower than the high. I remember driving back to the Philly airport a few weeks ago, driving down 70 through the Pine Barrens, there was definitely a sense of melancholy setting in. Particularly after we stopped into the Medford WaWa (right next to where we used to live) to get a pork roll sandwich, with bagels. Then it was through Marlton, Cherry Hill, then over the Whitman Bridge, and bye bye for at least a year. Though I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again, there was a definite sense of melancholy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey