U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:05 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,284,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Agreed. Appreciate all the info on Nashville but it's not going to be a huge help when I go to NJ. Anyway...I am SO EXCITED...and now am getting nervous (flying with a toddler; having to find the car place at Newark; etc.)...I can't believe the time has finally come.

Last time, I wasn't sure how to get to the car place and some nice guy came along and grabbed my suitcase and chatted with me the entire time he led me to that subway thingie and I assumed he must work for the airport or something, even though he had no uniform on. I tried to slip him two bucks as he was saying goodbye and he laughed "Get out of here!" and waved and was on his merry way! I don't believe I can count on that just happening out of the blue again so I'd better figure out where Avis is. I know it can't be all that hard...all I have to do is find that shuttle again.

Then I'll be drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen, drivin' up to Bergen, Bergen...to see my sister and the next morning, my biggest "little guy"--age 21 and eight inches taller than I--yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

And my brother and his girlfriend, and my soon-to-be daughter-in-law and my cousin and her children and...and...I don't remember who else. For all I know they invited the mailman too. That's fine with me. My family, the mailman and I will all drive to go apple picking and up to Oktoberfest at Bear Mountain. I...can't...wait! (Did I mention that I can't wait?)
Avis has a desk right by baggage in Newark Airport. It's really no that hard to find
When I was a child there was a circle line ride(boat) where you stayed at Bear Mountains for the day. It was a lot of fun.
Have fun on your trip.
I'm hoping to get my son down here for Christmas, but he may have to fly back Christmas Day, to be at work next day.
Do you have a Toddler and a 21 year old?

Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 07:40 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,385,556 times
Default yup- circle line

Thrillist : Circle Line Oktoberfest

You CAN drink you way to the ferry...

Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 PM

25,415 posts, read 24,177,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Avis has a desk right by baggage in Newark Airport. It's really no that hard to find
When I was a child there was a circle line ride(boat) where you stayed at Bear Mountains for the day. It was a lot of fun.
Have fun on your trip.
I'm hoping to get my son down here for Christmas, but he may have to fly back Christmas Day, to be at work next day.
Do you have a Toddler and a 21 year old?

Diane
Thank you, Diane. For all the times I've been through Newark Airport, this will actually only be my second time renting a car there. Yes, I have three sons, actually. The oldest is 21. The middle (I am remarried) boy is 4, and our toddler is 16 months. The 4-year-old is autistic and doesn't do well with a change of schedules...I mean he can handle change, but it grates on him after a day or so and his behavior gets pretty wonky. So he'll stay home with my husband and in school. And the toddler (I keep calling him the baby...as my littlest, he really is a "baby" to me) will be my lap passenger for the trip.

He flew with me last October too, but he was so small then, he just slept the entire time. I think this time he's going to get a lot out of the trip.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:47 PM

25,415 posts, read 24,177,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Thrillist : Circle Line Oktoberfest

You CAN drink you way to the ferry...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Oktoberfest at Bear Mountain. The October before we left, my husband and middle son and I went up three consecutive weekends. My husband was drinking out of his huge "stein" from Oktoberfest just this past weekend, LOL. Meeeeeeeemorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, like the corners of my miiiiiiiind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey