U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 06:03 PM

9 posts, read 25,825 times

Advertisements

is it gonna be the next hoboken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM

562 posts, read 2,373,804 times
many locals think so.. because taxes are jumping up but the city officials are not releasing much info on the projects ongoing because they don't want big firms taking over it like they did with hoboken.. as you might know the entire seaport section is under development, lots of city money is being invested for safety..

one of the things that many don't know about hoboken is that to get rid of all the low income home owners, the city raised taxes making their mortgage go higher to the point that they had to sell their properties.. so higher income people can move in.. this is exactly what's happening in Elizabeth.. of course it did not happened over night in Hoboken so it's not going to happen overnight in Elizabeth neither..

Quote:
Originally Posted by single_joker View Post
is it gonna be the next hoboken?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:19 PM

70 posts, read 299,125 times
This project has been around for such a long time. Have not seen any type of movement except for some heavy machinery arriving to the area. Hopefully, past events have no marred this project. It's quite beautiful.

Elizabeth Waterfront Market

Project Cost: $17,850,000
Est. Start: May 2007

This complex is composed of 49,360SF of retail/commercial space, a 11,124SF Pharmacy, a 21,123SF Supermarket, and 61,000SF in 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.

Highland Port Development Corporation was chosen as the designated builder of the Elizabeth Seaport Revitalization Plan.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:09 PM

wow.. how do you get this type of info?? i have seen the project but was not able to find anything online.. this is good stuff and city hall does not release much info.. thanks for sharing.. maybe you should create a thread with a list of all current/completed/future projects .. to give insight to all the folks in this forum..
thanks for the valuable information!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 PM

70 posts, read 299,125 times
Thanks! Maybe I should. I usually scower the net or sometimes on lazy Sundays, I'll drive around developments and hopefully see a sign up advertising the developers, construction group, etc. and work from there.

City Hall rarely releases any information - bugs me. I end up doing the investigating.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM

Dagrecco.. please do start a thread .. it'll be a good thread to post more information about the redevelopments in Elizabeth.. be sure i'll try to post any info i run into.. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or