U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,281 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!!!

I'm new in the Northern NJ area and would like to know where I can meet mature business professional men in the area. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM

25,341 posts, read 24,141,953 times
You don't mean like Deuce Bigelow-type professional, do you?

I think I know where you can find those but I'd rather not say.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:35 PM

329 posts, read 1,312,215 times
Here's a fun suggestion. A friend of mine went to one of those speed-dating gatherings. While she didn't meet the man of her dreams, she said it was fun. You didn't say how old you are but she is 33. It was a mix of professionals and "losers" she said. You spend 8 minutes with like 10 guys in one evening and I think if the attraction is mutual you take it from there. I looked one up for you..Try 8 Minute Dating.Com..they meet in what I think are nightclubs all over Jersey. Lyndhurst for example in North Jersey.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,653,878 times
Doubt there's any left...I'm sure they're all fleeing to Nashville!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,979,617 times
Are we gold digging here?

Old 09-30-2007, 08:08 PM

687 posts, read 2,910,846 times
I was going to post a few Kanye West lyrics when I first saw this thread, but thought that might be overstepping.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM

8,130 posts, read 11,868,501 times
Maybe she's just looking to network for business.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:13 PM

687 posts, read 2,910,846 times
Quote:
Possibly, though wouldn't she want to meet women too then?

For the OP, if you're looking to date, then the typical locales like bars, grocery stores, coffee houses, etc... could certainly be good to frequent. If you're in your early-30s or younger, then the scene in Hoboken might be what you're looking for.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:19 PM

25,341 posts, read 24,141,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
I sincerely doubt that a businesswoman looking to network for business connections wouldn't already know how to do that.

If she's established, she already has starter connections and can easily go from there.

If she's straight out of the gate, basically her only option is cold-calling, as any college graduate knows. Or even high school graduate.

If she's hoping to call some businessperson and say, "Hi! I got your name from someone on the internet," she's pretty much guaranteed a slammed door, if not a call to Security.

I may be cynical, but I definitely don't think she's looking for business connections.

Now, as far as the OP, all kidding aside: You have few options except friends and the internet. If you know friends in the area, ask them if they know friends-of-friends-of-friends. Hold a housewarming party and accidentally manage to invite all these businessmen. As far as the internet: You're probably bound to (shudder) match.com or (double shudder) eharmony.com...or I think I saw a commercial for a new one...something about chemistry? They often list salaries there.

I personally wouldn't do this as salary was never one of my relationship requirements, but different things are important to different people, so I'm nobody to judge.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 AM

15 posts, read 56,538 times
Default Meeting single men

Hi Nicky

I host speed dating events for Urban Socialites in North Jersey & we're having one on October 18th.

My website is listed in my profile--

PS -- not every woman is a gold digger!!! We ladies just don't want to get hooked up with boo boo the loser who still lives at his mom's house. Just so you understand what I'm saying, I work in the Financial services industry and I host speed dating events. That's how I met my current Fiance who's a Social Worker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or