Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 13,711 times

Advertisements

I am considering to buy a townhome in Stratford Meadows, Monroe, NJ. Looks like, this is a new community and doesnot have much information available online. The builder is HallmarkHomes. It will be of great help, if anyone can share their experiences and insights on this community. Given the current home market, are the prices negotiable? If so, to what extent? In comparision to Monroe Manor Court Homes (another developmment from HallmarkHomes in Monroe), what are the pros/cons.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM

303 posts, read 920,044 times
I did some work up their putting in a granite counter. Seems to me very tigte lots but house prices were low too not sure how much builders negotiate when already prices are low. Schools are good.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 13,711 times
Thanks alot PeterPickle, for a prompt response.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 PM

10 posts, read 42,094 times
Do your homework on the builder. Visit the models and inspect carefully pay attention to the details of work. Try to talk to several people in those neighborhoods about their experiences and how they like it so far, etc..
Pay close attention to details or work. What you see is what you get.

I had a home built in one of these you mentioned and just moved in June.

On the town, it's very nice. There is a diverse population and a good school systems. Plenty of decent recreational activities and entertainment in the immediate area.

Good luck.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 PM

9 posts, read 69,571 times
RjSri,
I am also interested to buy town home at Stratford meadows or Stratford At Monroe. Did you already book the plot /townhome? Is the rate negotiable ?i am interested to touch base with you.
Thanks
Sai

Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,114 times
Note that some of the townhouses are targeted for affordable housing.
Piazza & Associates Inc.

Since the affordable housing units are single-story, you can tell which ones they are on the site plan.
The are the units with the diagonal lines through them. For example in building #23, there are 4 of these units.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM

9 posts, read 69,571 times
ieee488,
Any Idea how much we can negotiate these town homes.pls share if anyone got into these into these town homes recently.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,582 times
Default stratford meadows townhome

Hi,

i am also planning to buy birch model townhome at stratford meadows.

please provide details if any one has bought one.

Thanks.
-Raj

Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,114 times
Before buying these new construction townhouses, you might want to look into the single-family court homes at Monroe Manor. Some of the prices of the previously-owned homes now on the market are reasonable in price. There's one for $370K.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,174 times
did you purchase the birch model?, what price ? and what upgrades, could you please let me know it quick, i need to make a decision, appreciate your quick response
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey