Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM

456 posts, read 833,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
I need to stop reading these posts. I'm homesick. The summer can't come soon enough for me to start actively shopping for a new place.
where you at now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
where you at now?
North east Pa. near Scranton. Very cold & gloomy, bad health care, bad schools, very backwards people, few shopping options, and nothing to do for families. Not to mention absolutely no diversity. Waiting for school to be out so we can start looking for a place in NJ. Living here has made me love NY even, and we all know the little NJ/NY beef,lol. We need to move back badly.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:33 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,739 times
my condolences! GOing from San Diego to northeastern NJ is going to be a shock... and not in a good way.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM

456 posts, read 833,186 times
Quote:
North east Pa. near Scranton. Very cold & gloomy, bad health care, bad schools, very backwards people, few shopping options, and nothing to do for families. Not to mention absolutely no diversity. Waiting for school to be out so we can start looking for a place in NJ. Living here has made me love NY even, and we all know the little NJ/NY beef,lol. We need to move back badly.
Oh I do feel bad for you. But at least you are closer to NJ. I am in college in PA and I also miss these things of NJ, for this reason, I go back very often. NJ > PA any day.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
living in Hudson County feels like a prison sometimes. Depending on what town, it's such a hassle to leave town that you end up not going anywhere. Traffic is horrendous. At least the light rail made it a bit easier to get around the county. but commuting on NJ Transit out of Hudson County is almost impossible due to the schedules. It's very frustrating and makes you just hate your life.
I commute into Hudson County every day. It's very frustrating and I do hate my life.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
Oh I do feel bad for you. But at least you are closer to NJ. I am in college in PA and I also miss these things of NJ, for this reason, I go back very often. NJ > PA any day.
ANY day!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I commute into Hudson County every day. It's very frustrating and I do hate my life.
One of my sisters lives & goes to school in Hudson County. It is super crowded even for North Jersey. She complains about transit all the time, but loves it at the end of the day. Then again she's a teenager with no one to care for but herself, so.....

Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
One of my sisters lives & goes to school in Hudson County. It is super crowded even for North Jersey. She complains about transit all the time, but loves it at the end of the day. Then again she's a teenager with no one to care for but herself, so.....
I've just been commuting for too damn long. Years to the city, and now to Jersey City--at least that cut a little bit of time off. It was exciting when I was 20. 34 years later, not so much.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've just been commuting for too damn long. Years to the city, and now to Jersey City--at least that cut a little bit of time off. It was exciting when I was 20. 34 years later, not so much.
Yeah, when you hit your late 20's, its not fun being cramped up between hundreds of strangers as you wait in all weather, only to be cramped up some more before you reach your destination,lol.

Its never fun when your toting kids. I'll still tolerate public transit to Jersey City & NYC if its just me & my husband, but when the kids are with us I'd rather deal with traffic & tolls in the comfort of my vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey