U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,467 times

Advertisements

My son goes to Broad Street Academy and was just notified that the school is closing. Needless to say I am very upset for obvious reasons and need some help finding another school. I can't believe this is happeing especially over Christmas break. I am so disappointed since my son loved the school as did I. How can this happen? I don't even know where to begin.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,755 times
Default Broad Street Children's Academy

My daughter also attended BSCA and I am extremely upset, too. We loved the school. My son attends The Clifton Little School down the street. You should try there.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:41 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,339,539 times
you can also check Foundations in Bloomfield (within Brookdale Baptist Church)

Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,687 times
Default Not surprised!!!!

As a former employee,I am not surprised at all.There were occasions when my paycheck bounced, and financial difficulties seemed obvious.This was happening in the early nineties..Ms. Mancini -Marzullo's school had a very good reputation due to its staff. It is unfortunate that the present parents and children ,along with staff were given no advance notice as to the school's closing.It was a long time coming!!

Old 01-06-2008, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,681 times
Default broad street "rumors"

I would recommend any parent to check out "Clifton Little School" It is a beautiful school with a dedicated administrative and teaching staff. The parents would never have to worry about the misappropriation of funds, the threat of the lights being turned off for lack of payment and would always know both the director and owner conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.

Mrs. Mancini-Marzullo ("former" owner of Broad Street Children's Academy) has been know to muddy employee's reputations with wild accusations and complete untruths. The only hostile working situations at Broad Street Children's Academy, were orchastrated by Mrs. Mancini-Marzullo. Her legendary tantrums, humiliation tactics and irrational behavior are very well known. She fueled discontent amongst the teaching staff and would sit back and watch them snipe at each other and do nothing to stop it.

I hope that Mrs. Mancini-Marzullo is made to pay all of the money owed to the parents of Broad Street Children's Academy and St. John's Church

It is better for our community, better for our children and certainly better for St. John's Church that Broad Street Children's Academy is closed and hopefully Ms. Mancini-Marzullo will be put out of the child care business forever.

signed,
Buctown

Old 01-07-2008, 06:05 AM

2 posts, read 9,467 times
Unfortunately the Clifton Little School is filled, I am thinking about checking out the Grove Hill School. Does anybody know anything about their reputation? I am still thankful towards the staff at BSCA they did wonders for my child.
Thanks!!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:47 AM

1,977 posts, read 6,632,588 times
If East orange isnt too far:
Pyramid Academy PresShool - "The School For Smart Kids"

Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 4,638 times
My daughter went to Broad Street - wasn't thrilled with Diane but happy with the teacher. I enrolled my daughter at St. Philip's - great circ. I also heard Little Expressions in Cedar Grove was a good school but a more expensive than Broad Street.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,436 times
Brookdale and Grace I guess you should get your facts correct and apologize to Suzanne. It's appears Brookdale was a little to close to the situation and was just trying to cover for Diane who stole thousands of dollars from parents and teachers that she owe's

Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 AM

5 posts, read 23,117 times
hello, have you considered an au pair? I am the local coordinator for au pair in america and it is the least expensive form of in home childcare as well as generally being tax deductible. We have approximately 70 - 80 young women in the Montclair area and if you would like to look on the website you can see it at; [url=http://www.aupairinamerica.com]Au Pair in America[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or