U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 AM

1,041 posts, read 2,445,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Maybe buy a car for $300 and just park it legally wherever that truck parks the next time it is out and about? I would then leave the car there indefinitely.
I would do this.

Go buy a walking mans special on craigslist, the UGLIEST MOST RATTY thing you can find. Get it registered, get some new plates, park that thing in front of HIS HOUSE, make sure you leave the registration in the window so he knows its legal, and enjoy. Well worth the price.

He'll get the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 AM

4,073 posts, read 7,060,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsir View Post
Your all dumb. I park where i want and when i want. Is there a handicap spot in front of your house? No. So shut up. Complain about something worth it.

See also: irony

Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,973,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
dude - exactly.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM

9,177 posts, read 16,549,469 times
Street parking problems aren't limited to townhouses. There's nothing you can do about it other than learn to live with it.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,823,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
I would do this.

Go buy a walking mans special on craigslist, the UGLIEST MOST RATTY thing you can find. Get it registered, get some new plates, park that thing in front of HIS HOUSE, make sure you leave the registration in the window so he knows its legal, and enjoy. Well worth the price.

He'll get the message.
This idea has grown on me too!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
you seem to be one of the rude people we are talking about! as a neighbor especially if you have kids you dont want to mess your relationship being unkind and "entitled". SAD you feel like that! SAD America has become a country of entitlement!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:59 PM

303 posts, read 768,042 times
Do it philly style, put a plastic chair outside you're house.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 PM

204 posts, read 375,958 times
Wow i am glad i found this thread, My next door neghiboor is a illegal backyard mercanic and he has a total of 8 cars 3 driveway and then 3 cars in his backyard.We live in a duplex, and he parks this big old Junk van in the middle of the house weeks on end it takes some of my area and his area He does that so it can leave enough room for his little low rider car. He never drives the van only moves it when street cleaning comes now its getting closer and closer to my side of the house its just annoying. He has a driveway i don't understand why he don't put the junkvan in the backyard theres plently of room there. It just annoying. It makes it hard for us to park because the other neighbors park too close and its hard to park or its a tight squeeze.

I really wish there was some kind of way to anonymously report this Junk Van and all his other cars and see what the city can do.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 AM

2,097 posts, read 5,503,602 times
That's why towns enact ordinances about unregistered cars on the property for any long periods and do not allow parking on lawns.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,524 times
i just bought a home in Indiana and for the first month I always had a spot to park today however i just ran to the store for 34 minutes I come back and there is this huge Ford truck in front of my house the truck had plenty of room on the other side and behind where my car would normally be, but the driver decided to park there and i am furious. i am normally a nice person but that right there sets me off like a rocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or