U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 AM

22,690 posts, read 21,741,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
It is a public street and they can park any place they d@mn well please. If you have a driveway, use it. If you don't, park in front of someone else's house. There are MUCH more important things in life to worry about.
I was trying to explain this to my mother just the other week. She was hyperventilating because one neighbor was parking in front of the other neighbor's house. In her world, people own the street in front of their house. That conversation went nowhere. I'm not sure why this even concerns her because she can park two cars on her property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,323,676 times
It depends if parking in front of neighbor obstruct his/her entry way. If the street is narrow and busy, then I can see this as a problem. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me. My neighbors always parked their cars in front of our house too since they can't park in front of their own house (due to being on a corner lot of busy intersection). They don't bother me nor do they obstruct my view when I back out of my driveway so I don't mind at all.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:30 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,920,134 times
well i can tell you it bothers me to a degree,our neighbors have a 2 car driveway,instead of the 5 cars they have all together,they park on the street,they utilize the driveway for their above ground green pool and patio chairs and grill. i have a 2 car driveway and one car in the garage,on days we have guests over or partys there is no where for them to park the have to go to the next block and walk around the entire block. and them being from NY(bronx)they feel they can double park,many times i have come around the corner and there in the street are the cars double parked. We do not speak to them,in the past they have called the cops on us because one time my husband had to get the car out of the garage i was not home,so he had to pull one car out park on street and pull one car in,the one car he pulled out was slightly in front of their driveway,they called the cops on him now mind you by the time the cop got there he had already moved the car back in the driveway. they came out screaming that he parked in their driveway blah blah blah.. my husband and the cop just shooked their heads and was like "really". so yea it can get bothersome.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:39 AM

355 posts, read 539,187 times
We rented a house down the shore on a busy street. For the most part, we parked in front of our house. On occasion, we had to park in front of our neighbors and boy did they get belligerent. I thought it was the craziest thing I have ever heard of until I saw this thread.

The facts is that ANYWHERE we park there is a house behind it....so where exactly are we supposed to park when the street is crowded? It got very unpleasant and very personal. I thought it was the most backward, provincial and petty request but I guess some people really do feel as though they own the public streets!

I get that it's rude to do it on a regular basis if you live in a suburb with plenty of driveways. This is an urban area with a beach two blocks away...the driveways are narrow or non existent and there are no public parking lots. CRAZY.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:29 PM

2,310 posts, read 4,812,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonGrace View Post
We rented a house down the shore on a busy street. For the most part, we parked in front of our house. On occasion, we had to park in front of our neighbors and boy did they get belligerent. I thought it was the craziest thing I have ever heard of until I saw this thread.

The facts is that ANYWHERE we park there is a house behind it....so where exactly are we supposed to park when the street is crowded? It got very unpleasant and very personal. I thought it was the most backward, provincial and petty request but I guess some people really do feel as though they own the public streets!

I get that it's rude to do it on a regular basis if you live in a suburb with plenty of driveways. This is an urban area with a beach two blocks away...the driveways are narrow or non existent and there are no public parking lots. CRAZY.
EVERYONE is talking about suburbs with plenty of driveways. MOST people are talking about neighbors who refuse to use the spots in front of THEIR OWN HOMES and instead park their cars ONLY in front of neighbors houses. I don't know why it's so hard to understand this. No one is saying that you should leave the only available parking spot on the block open because it's front of a neighbor's house and then circle the neighborhood endlessly looking for a place to park your car.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 12,407 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]There is a neighbor in our cul-de-sac that entertain a lot of young people and on occasion they spend the night and at times days - up to a week or so. They have a double car garage but need their driveway free to let their cars in and out, therefore park in front of our house. This should not bother me but it does - why?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM

51,182 posts, read 50,480,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir James VIII View Post
[SIZE=3]There is a neighbor in our cul-de-sac that entertain a lot of young people and on occasion they spend the night and at times days - up to a week or so. They have a double car garage but need their driveway free to let their cars in and out, therefore park in front of our house. This should not bother me but it does - why?[/SIZE]
Maybe post this in the Psychology forum?

In the Jersey forum, you just slash their tires.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM

22,668 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir James VIII View Post
There is a neighbor in our cul-de-sac that entertain a lot of young people and on occasion they spend the night and at times days - up to a week or so. They have a double car garage but need their driveway free to let their cars in and out, therefore park in front of our house. This should not bother me but it does - why?
what are the makes and models of the cars? how old are you and how old are the young people? do they look like they are having more fun than you are?

Old 04-23-2013, 04:13 PM

5,617 posts, read 13,387,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Maybe post this in the Psychology forum?

In the Jersey forum, you just slash their tires.
your funny!!! Good one! Marilyn

Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM

46 posts, read 175,572 times
Default Wow...I am the original poster..Here's an update

I just laughed so hard that 6 years later this thread is still active. I guess I am not the only nutjob. hehehehe. Well, since I am here anyway I figured I'd update you. When I originally posted this thread, my neighbors had 3 cars. They now have 4 cars. The parking in front of my house happened for 2 more years or so. My husband told me to let it go. That it was stupid for me to get upset and I did. More because they really are cool neighbors. Well, one day I was leaving for work at 5:30am and of course I did not think anyone would be outside. I saw the husband's car in front and sucked my teeth and told my husband, "when will these dicks park in their own driveway".....little did I know that the husband was outside smoking a cigarette!!! That's what I get for being a loudmouth. lol. I turned red, the neighbor smiled and I went to work. That was the last time they ever parked in front. I was so embarrassed for a while, but they never brought up my comment and neither did I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or