U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 07:31 PM

51,195 posts, read 50,480,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaneckgirl View Post
I just laughed so hard that 6 years later this thread is still active. I guess I am not the only nutjob. hehehehe. Well, since I am here anyway I figured I'd update you. When I originally posted this thread, my neighbors had 3 cars. They now have 4 cars. The parking in front of my house happened for 2 more years or so. My husband told me to let it go. That it was stupid for me to get upset and I did. More because they really are cool neighbors. Well, one day I was leaving for work at 5:30am and of course I did not think anyone would be outside. I saw the husband's car in front and sucked my teeth and told my husband, "when will these dicks park in their own driveway".....little did I know that the husband was outside smoking a cigarette!!! That's what I get for being a loudmouth. lol. I turned red, the neighbor smiled and I went to work. That was the last time they ever parked in front. I was so embarrassed for a while, but they never brought up my comment and neither did I.
That's funny! But the dicks answered your question, didn't they!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
Default This is old but...

I have a very difficult time entering and exiting my driveway due to my neighbor's vehicle being parked directly in front of my drive way and or across from it. He sits out in front of his vehicle drinking his beer watching me and my neighbors as well as his truck is in view of my daughter's bedroom. This is driving me crazy and I a in Florida there are plenty of spaces for him to park, like in front of his own driveway and or in his driveway. The officer's that came out advised me that he is being difficult on purpose...what can you do? Hmmm I have created a petition. I am going to get as many signatures that I can, raise awareness through the media and go from there.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:52 AM

3,460 posts, read 1,954,222 times
Quote:
Thanks. I will probably just start parking one of our vehicles in front of my house until they get the picture.
Yes, that's what you could do. It is rude for people to park in front of someone else's home like that. You do that enough and it will break them of the habit.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:05 AM

592 posts, read 1,921,768 times
Wow you guys living in the boonies are weird. Growing up around the cities I don't get why it is rude for someone to park their car on the street if it's a legal public parking space. So what if it is in front of your house? It is still public space and fair game. Besides what's the big deal not like they blocking your driveway exit.

What is rude is putting chairs or cones in a public parking space on the street to prevent other people from parking in it. I see some asses do it from time to time. Once an old lady even sits there to save the spot for her son.

Crazy people and their parking spaces...

Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 AM

3,245 posts, read 4,160,582 times
Rent something nice & park in front of their house, close to the driveway:
http://www.globaltimes.cn/attachment...9c4f93d94b.jpg
https://res.cloudinary.com/roadtripp...qtmqr0ropc.jpg
http://glamgrid.com/wp-content/uploa...e-People-2.jpg
http://www.ingramparknissan.com/blog...e-1024x768.jpg

Old 10-11-2014, 09:09 AM

10 posts, read 13,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Ghetto/Urban..Its all interchangeable..Move out of either/or to a nicer area and you will see..

I could never for the life of me understand why someone would voluntarily live in an area like that. Sorry if that offends someone. I'm complaining on another thread about moving to areas because of their small property and lack of parking. And from the sounds of it, some of you would think those said areas (Like Point Beach) are luxurious, sprawling, open land. I just don't get paying all that money for a shoebox on a tiny little speck of land (if any). Sounds as though some of you will have more room in your grave plots someday! What gives?

On a personal note, we had a neighbor that used to park his huge truck in front of our house. He had a driveway, but often his girlfriend/ baby momma's car was there. They could have parked in front of their house but didn't and we never knew why. Despite that, they were actually really nice people, a young couple with a baby, and were very stressed to say the least. They ended up getting evicted for failure to pay rent (we ran into the home owners shortly after and this was confirmed). We never had the heart to complain to them about it. Yes its a courtesy issue, but DH and I reminded ourselves that it really wasn't hurting us. If the neighbors had been aholes, perhaps our reaction would have been different. Our current neighbors use the driveway now and all is good.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:20 PM

279 posts, read 343,906 times
Quote:
I need to vent as well as get someone opinion on this issue. I purchased my first home a few months ago in Teaneck. My neighbors have all been very nice and extremely accomodating. My issue is that very recently my neighbors purchased a car for their son, so now they have a total of 3 cars. They can fit up to 3 or maybe 4 cars in their driveway. What I do not understand is why the mom parks in the driveway, the dad in front of their house and the son in front of mine!! Why can't they park in their driveway or park their 2 other cars in front of their home which clearly fit. Am I overreacting? I mean, if I knew that there was not enough space I wouldn't make an issue of it and I know that the streets are public property, but I just don't understand why on a daily basis, the son has to park in front of my house.

Seriously? Now granted I live in Elizabeth which is obviously pretty urban. Here, I don't give a rat's butt whose house I park in front of. But I used to live in Highland Park down in Middlesex County, and that town is pretty suburban. Even there, same thing - I parked in front of whoever's house I could find a spot, and I never thought twice about it because usually I couldn't find a spot right in front of the house I lived in, even though it was a pretty suburban town.

Fortunately in the winter in HP nobody put out cones or anything like that - sure, you dug out your spot but so did everyone else and all of the cleared out spots were fair game after the snow stopped falling. Everybody who had a car had to dig out a spot somewhere, so what difference does it make that you dug out a spot a half block away because that's where you happened to park just before the storm hit? That's the way it should be, it's not like someone's "freeloading" off your shoveled out spot. You had to dig out a spot, and so did all of your neighbors. Collectively, everyone managed to clear out a whole block so that everyone could park, so what's the big deal?

Old 10-16-2014, 04:38 PM

180 posts, read 245,926 times
Wow - this discussion make me grateful we don't have those issues on my street! It was built in the 60's with one acre lots; the street has a drainage ditches and no curbs and no sidewalks. A limo driver tried to park in front of our house once to pick-up a neighbor for the airport - just one tire went into the ditch and he needed a tow truck to get out!!! Oops! Never could figure out why he didn't just pull into their driveway?

My parents neighborhood had more people parking on the street - but there was a fire hydrant right in front of their house! It was great - no one ever could park there or too close to our driveway either

Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 1,921 times
I live on a block
Boy I wish someone knew what the law
I'm just curious
So anyways here is goes
I walk home from the bus stop four blocks away
There's a tree that someone has hanging over the sidewalk, clearly obstructing my path which cuauses me to walk on the grass close to the street where I could be hit and kill d by a car.
I am legally blind so my eyesight is limited. As I walk home at night with night blindness it makes it difficult for me to see the tree in advance as I see I need to move onto the grass to avoid being hit by the tree. The tree has hit me several times and into my face causing damage to my eyessight.

My path is also blocked by a recycling container which, instead of placing in the driveway not blocking my path it is placed on the sidewalk
The recycling bin has caused me pain as I am very sensitive to pain.

There is also a neighbor who parks cars outside his house as if people were actually his friends going to visit him. He has people park cars on the street right across from my fathers house every day every week every month
I am surprised the police have allowed all of these things to happen. As it is not a place of business.
It is incredible how people break the law and nothing is done to prevent these things from happening.
How these people have done these things with disregard for other people's safety has really been a disgrace to the legal system and hot it handles situations. I am sure there is a law against a continuation of parking your cars on the street while operating a business.
I'm. It querulous. However I do feel it would be nice to live in a peaceful setting. Some people set a bad example for the rest of us. It's incredibly unsafe when my mother drives me to the bus stop these people think the law does not exist or are oblivious to it. On the other side I think they are well aware of the crimes they are committing and I think that anyone with a sense of decency would comply.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,921 times
Not to mention they park their cars in front of my fathers house to clear their snow off their cars. They act as if the own the world and like they are only doing it a few times. Im not carping it's just is not harmonious with being kind to people. These people only care about themselves and disregard everyone else's wishes. They actually get upset when you say anything about their errors. It's ridiculous that they care nothing for their neighbor. You hope the issues with these people will just go away but they keep pretending and are ignorant. They don't know anything about the law that's their excuse. That they want me to learn the law so I know it. I wish they would tell it to the judges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or