U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 05:14 AM

527 posts, read 389,154 times

Advertisements

I have a different spin on this. Until recently, my neighbor wouldn't even allow his own guests to park in front of his house. There is a strip of about 8' between his driveway and mine, and his visitors would always park there. Most of them have SUVs, so they would partially block my driveway by up to a half-foot.

And if MY guests parked in front of HIS house? It's Katy bar the door. I had a yard sale and a friend stopped by to help. She parked in front of his house. He was outside blowing leaves and he directed the blower at the coffee cup she'd left on the roof of her car and blew it off the car, spilling coffee all over her car. I am moving now and wondering if I have to disclose what a dick he is to the next owners of the house, or try to find a buyer who is large, tattooed, and just as mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,713 times
**** all these idiots saying is OK because it's s public street. Nobody has the right to move your trash cans because he needs a spot while his driveway is open because he wants to save a spot for his dumb ass kids.Park in front of your own ****ing house or ask. We would have been fighting.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:38 AM

24,511 posts, read 34,115,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengiant512 View Post
**** all these idiots saying is OK because it's s public street. Nobody has the right to move your trash cans because he needs a spot while his driveway is open because he wants to save a spot for his dumb ass kids.Park in front of your own ****ing house or ask. We would have been fighting.
You are overreacting just as much as the OP. The only thing that the neighbor shouldn't do is move another person's trashcans. Everything is completely fine. I can tell from your post that you're not from America. You should consider assimilating if you plan on living here. Picking fights is just going to get your ass beat.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,713 times
F*** you nobody knows best. Assuming I'm not from America cuz your dumb ass would move someone else's property. You sound like an idiot everything can't be alright when the first thing not alright if you're wrong in the first place you're wrong. That was wrong with the world no common sense

Old 12-06-2015, 07:57 PM

8,130 posts, read 11,865,746 times
Quote:
F*** you nobody knows best. Assuming I'm not from America cuz your dumb ass would move someone else's property. You sound like an idiot everything can't be alright when the first thing not alright if you're wrong in the first place you're wrong. That was wrong with the world no common sense
Gotta get post in before lockdown.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:19 PM

22,670 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Quote:
where are these trash cans that are moved? if someone puts their trash cans in the street blocking spots, of course you should move them and park in the spot.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM

9,312 posts, read 13,839,731 times
Right, you don't get to reserve spots in the street with cones or trash cans or anything. Unless you shoveled the spot and it's Philadelphia.

You also don't get to block someone else's driveway; I recommend a Sawz-all for occasions like this.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:27 AM

4,074 posts, read 7,043,564 times
Quote:
Did you just have to wipe down your monitor after that barrage?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:51 AM

3,065 posts, read 5,276,562 times
I posted this before, sometimes Street has access from one end and all the cars driving in are going to park on the right side. When they leave to go to work in the morning they do a u turn and drive out the street. The people that live on the other side of the street who are too lazy to turn around when they get home from work are the ones who are parking in front of your house.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:08 AM

1,444 posts, read 1,791,249 times
Maybe its because I grew up in a shore town there was ALWAYS cars parked in front of our house in the summer. This is not something to get worked up about. Now if they are doing donuts on your lawn, yes. Its a public right of way and there is nothing illegal. When you have 2 parents and a couple driving age kids even a ample driveway can get loaded up. With work and school schedules many times the street makes sense. I think most people would prefer parking in garage or their own driveway.

My ex wife used to get worked up about neighbors guests parking in front of our house when they had a party. I always thought it was something silly to worry about.

If you want no one parking in front of your house move to the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or