U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2008, 11:06 AM

730 posts, read 2,545,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Ghetto/Urban..Its all interchangeable..Move out of either/or to a nicer area and you will see..
Tod, sometimes when people live in an Urban environment it is because they choose to. They enjoy the diversity and the engery. If you had read my earlier post I have lived in the suburbs. I have lived in Boulder Colorado, Vail Colorado, Long Island North Shore Beach community, LIC in Queens, Astoria in Queens, Nutley and Morristown in NJ and all over Manhattan.

It is your opinion that suburbs are better apparently but there are certain people who find them boring and homogenic. To each his own. To refer to an area that has a lot of cars due to high rise buildings and lack of garage space as "Ghetto" is insulting and unintelligent in my opinion.

I have "seen" both sides and can't say one is better but I would not insult those who chose to live in the suburbs if that is what they prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:08 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,658,318 times
come on - the ghetto stuff is just people being funny - it has nothing to due with socio economic status or race - these days it is just a term like "Thats Hot" and "Sic"

Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 3,811,662 times
Who on earth wants to wake up every morning to worry about a parking space?!??! Or someone parking in front of your house?!??! If you do...you are partying in da ghetto.!

Last edited by todd72173; 08-29-2008 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,558 times
MOst ghetto people don't have cars!

Old 08-30-2008, 05:59 PM

1,110 posts, read 3,811,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernNJgirl View Post
True dat! They break into others.!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 03:14 PM

730 posts, read 2,545,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernNJgirl View Post
Right. So where would all these cars be coming from then? People who live in the suburbs? What, they drive their cars to the ghetto to park in front of peoples ghetto homes just to annoy them??

Old 09-16-2008, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,217 times
Default No worries

You must not have any worries to be so petty as worry about someone else's car or property. Maybe you are jealous or envious of your neighbors for having space and cars. Get over it and leave people alone. People like you and their bitching is the reason neighborhoods have gone to crap with their ordinances. For example, me, my daddy, and all my family grew up maintaining there own autos, but now most of them have to take the auto to a shop just to get the oil changed. Simple because people like you didn't like to see their neighbor on his property working on his automobile. You need to REALLY listen the song by Montgomery Gentry titled " What Do You Think About That". Listen closely about the dirt and keep your nose on your property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 PM

2,179 posts, read 5,981,548 times
Please God...make this thread go away.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:02 PM

217 posts, read 1,005,830 times
break a window.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:08 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,792,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
This is such a pet peeve of mine that sometimes I have to remind myself how small-minded it is to get irritated. It's an on-going issue for me. My neighbor has a work truck and 2 cars. He comes home from work and I am stuck with this massive work truck in front of my home every freaking night. Week-ends are the worst. My kitchen faces the street. My neighbor a few doors down is the worst, they have 5 cars and a tiny driveway. Their cars are all over the place. When I think of my situation, I say it could be worse.
NJ Tina, I had this happen, a neighbor parked a big bulky work truck in front of my house. It totally blocked my view and I had trouble seeing the kids who go back and forth across the street between houses (my son and his friends). I wrote him a very polite letter stating that although I realize this is a public street, could he please park by the corner instead where there is plenty of room for safety reasons as I could not see the children coming and going. He never did it again, although I am not sure whether the letter had anything to do with it, or the fact that it is closer/more convenient for him to park near the corner....but if he had kept doing it...I had fantasies of sneaking out after dark and slashing his tires!!! He he he...and btw, to whoever said you had to take parking where you could get it, I could understand if there wasn't any available in front of your own house or if driveways were consistently small in the neighborhood, but the OP was talking about an area where there was plenty of driveway space and parking for those people. I didn't know the guy with the big work truck, but if I knew my neighbor I would say something...although I didn't with the first neighbors who lived across the street because the son was a drug dealer and I didn't want to get involved talking about it with them...I knew they were eventually moving to North Carolina (without the son) and that it was only a matter of time before he was back in jail. But it went on for the first several years that I lived here with them and it was really annoying when they parked in front of my house and not their own, and we needed the spot because we had to park one behind the other in our driveway and in order to get out each morning one person had to move their car (we were not allowed to park in the street overnight, but they didn't care and left the cars out all the time and just kept paying occasional parking tickets, because after all, drug dealing is lots of tax free $$$$ and never seems to suffer from downturns in the economy...hmmm....maybe I'm in the wrong business after all.....).

Last edited by onegreatnurse; 09-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or