U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,791,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
Please I'd be happy if I could even park one block close to my house. Driving is a sport it my town and sometimes can take 15 minutes. YOu people complain too much. It would be a luxury to many people to even have a driveway.
OK, I have a driveway because I paid through the nose for it in overly inflated real estate prices plus a fortune in repaving/brickwork and my annual sky high property taxes, but I grew up in 2 towns which had very little parking, and lived in an apartment complex in California in which someone had parked in my reserved spot (yes that's right, the one and only reserved parking spot that was assigned to my particular apartment unit) and it was very late and I as a resident had nowhere to park when this visitor was in my spot. I'm sorry, all of this bs is incomprehensibly RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE RUDE (and did I mention RUDE?). Sorry if you think it's petty, obviously from most of the posts, many do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM

1,977 posts, read 6,636,171 times
To the OP. I have not read all these posts, but either get over it (it IS a public street) or park there yourself so no-one else can.

I can see being upset that someone is parked in your driveway, or if you were in an apt complex if they were in your assigned spot or some such. But regardless if there is other space available, they have every right to park in front of your house as you do in front of theirs. Besides, if they werent in front of your house they would be in front of someone elses, so your saying you dont give a crap about someone else as long as you are not inconvenienced in some small way.... If I were your neighbor and I knew you felt this way I would rent a 22' box truck and park it in front of your house.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:32 PM

5,370 posts, read 10,132,422 times
Thats why they are called PUBLIC streets.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:09 PM

1,495 posts, read 4,438,680 times
I think there have been too many posts on this ridiculous thread already. Let it go.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 8,403 times
would you say that if this was a man looking in on your daughters? If you have no helpful advise could you please not respond and go to another site please?!

Last edited by kevinmurphy; 05-09-2009 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: don't wantvto create trouble

Old 05-09-2009, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,403 times
i agree but the tenant has private parking avaliable to her away from my window that is being unused. Should my family have to put up with a peeping tomess when there is a spot for her away from my family's window?

Last edited by kevinmurphy; 05-09-2009 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: just want to end this

Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 PM

49 posts, read 107,552 times
Reading these posts reminded me of my welcome to NJ. I parked in front of my neighbors home because the moving van and my husband were parked in front of our home. My new neighbor quickly came out welcomed me to the block and told me very nicely that everyone parked in front of their own home or in their driveway. After she moved, the people who moved into the house had 7 cars, driveway only fits 2, so you know where the rest of them are parked.
As long as they leave my driveway clear, and one spot in front of my home for me, I don't care where they park.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,125,027 times
I have a good one. We have a water hydrant in front of our house, 2 spaces no parking and we have a single driveway. Our neighbor has a double wide driveway and parks "her' car in it. The hubby has a work truck and SUV on the street and the son has a vehicle on the street also, all in front of other's houses. Now part of my property is in front of their house. We only need to park 1 vehicle on the street but our neighbors seem to be hogging the street parking. My wife told them the hydrant serves the neighborhood which means we park 1 car next to my property. He took up 2 spots by the way, but now has moved back to "allow' us to park. They are self indulgent along with eating too....lol

Old 07-12-2009, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,162 times
Default car in front of house

I have the same problem. I have talked nicely and they guy has jumped in my space. He says it is public property and he can park wherever. I told him that I need the spot since around the corner is not as safe for my little boy. I think neighbors need to learn civility. My neighbor does not have it. It is possible to write a nice note or nicely talk to them. I maybe made my first mistake by acting like the space was rightfully mine. The real issue is that it is an act of courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaneckgirl View Post
I need to vent as well as get someone opinion on this issue. I purchased my first home a few months ago in Teaneck. My neighbors have all been very nice and extremely accomodating. My issue is that very recently my neighbors purchased a car for their son, so now they have a total of 3 cars. They can fit up to 3 or maybe 4 cars in their driveway. What I do not understand is why the mom parks in the driveway, the dad in front of their house and the son in front of mine!! Why can't they park in their driveway or park their 2 other cars in front of their home which clearly fit. Am I overreacting? I mean, if I knew that there was not enough space I wouldn't make an issue of it and I know that the streets are public property, but I just don't understand why on a daily basis, the son has to park in front of my house.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM

126 posts, read 214,130 times
People that say their public streets get over it seem to have a lack of knowledge on what common courtesy generally is or what it was....

I have the same problem with my neighbor who has visitors that block up the entire street block for hours on end. To people that say well park there so they can't, the problem is they MOVE to park there as soon as my boarder LEAVES, problem number one. Problem 2 they do this during garbage days and I wrote a note politely asking that they do not park in front of my house 2 days out of the week so that my boarder who is SEVENTY years old can park in front of my own house so no garbage cans are blocked from Waste Management. There have been instances already of garbage NOT being picked up because of these people. So after I left the note asking that 2 days out of the week they not park in front of my house they did it again, telling me they'll park where they want when they want and that garbage is supposed to be picked up REGARDLESS of cars being parked in front of cans (which they can explain to my 80 year old neighbor who didn't get her garbage picked up last week due to them). The ironic thing is as they were explaining this they don't manage to park in front of their OWN cans, imagine that.. That is the point most of the people who say public street they can do what they want, well good they can pay my garbage bill when it isn't picked up because they didn't want to be neighborly and block their own cans instead of other residents. Oh yeah and they've taken on off days to park in front of the mailbox island too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or