Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:04 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,791,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
.....still not answering my question there...?
It was built to give the people on the Diesel Network and better access to NYC via the Electric Network....its not the only Transfer station NJT has.... there's also Newark Broad Street , Trenton Transit Center , Newark Penn Station , Newark Airport Station (Not fully built out) , Hoboken Terminal & Summit....with Future Transfer stations in Atlantic City Transit Center, Pennsuaken Transfer , West Trenton Transit Center, Bound Brook Transit Center, Watesseeing Ave (Bloomfield) , Kearny Central , Paterson Transit Center and Hawthrone Transit Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM

88,259 posts, read 84,207,404 times
Quote:
It doesn't look filled up to capacity at all...

Just out of curiousity, what were they trying to accomplish with building this station?
The point was to be able to transfer from one New Jersey train line to another without having to go all the way to New York (or Hoboken) to do so.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,946,588 times
It's a transfer station that better connects NJ's train lines. Seems like a good thing to me.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:10 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,738,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
You can park at Secaucus. There’s a big parking lot outside. I forget how much it costs to park there, but it’s not very much IIRC.

it is not really all that big and it is very expensive if you are using it for work (reasonable on nights/weekends)

Old 07-24-2012, 05:54 PM

7,054 posts, read 19,248,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
it is not really all that big and it is very expensive if you are using it for work (reasonable on nights/weekends)
Over 1,000 spaces according to the website. And yes, if you're using it every day, it would be very expensive indeed (although it may still be cheaper than NYC parking, tolls and wasted gas in traffic, IDK). If you live farther out, it seems like it would be a better idea to park at a station farther up the line and then transfer at Secaucus to a NY-bound train!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM

88,259 posts, read 84,207,404 times
When the lot first opened, it was much cheaper. Then I guess as it got popular, the lot owners realized they could raise the prices and people would still park there.

I used it a few times when I worked in the city and wanted to go to Bergen County to visit my mom after work. I'd drive there, take a train to my office in the Flatiron area, then after work just get back to Secaucus and drive to Bergen County.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM

7,054 posts, read 19,248,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When the lot first opened, it was much cheaper.
I thought so. I only parked there once (about 2 years ago) and didn't think I paid more than $10 or $11 for the day.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,514,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Over 1,000 spaces according to the website. And yes, if you're using it every day, it would be very expensive indeed (although it may still be cheaper than NYC parking, tolls and wasted gas in traffic, IDK). If you live farther out, it seems like it would be a better idea to park at a station farther up the line and then transfer at Secaucus to a NY-bound train!
If that's the case then why don't we all move to Texas? This place is getting too ridiculous in terms of cost. And we don't even have good weather year round?

(Waiting for Nexis to chime in about how great the weather and public transit is year round.)

Old 07-25-2012, 02:32 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,250,800 times
Quote:
If that's the case then why don't we all move to Texas? This place is getting too ridiculous in terms of cost. And we don't even have good weather year round?

(Waiting for Nexis to chime in about how great the weather and public transit is year round.)

(Waiting for you to stop trolling about a ****ing train station.)

Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,514,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
(Waiting for you to stop trolling about a ****ing train station.)

It's a piece of crap, and a waste of tax payer money. How do you justify the 15 lane off ramp? Have you seen it on google maps? It's bigger than the city of hoboken.

Train lines were being efficiently transferred at Newark Penn for years. I blame Union propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey