Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,651,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That's what you think?
Don't think. I know it. Family lived there. Friends lived there until the weather destroyed their farming business and deadbeats skipped out on payments for services. If they had the chance they would leave in a heartbeat.

Public trans in the state? That's a joke.

Quote:
I'd assume NJ Transit is worried about cannibalizing ridership on lines that feed into Secaucus if parking is cheap and easy
In the original concept there was no parking unless the Allied project moved forward. It was designed as a transfer station. The roadways were not being improved to allow a mass influx of cars into the area. The shortfall was not providing ample parking in the outlying stations.

Bringing in Amtrak service will improve the utility greatly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
it takes me 5 minutes to the Path station
Secaucus to PATH JC in five minutes?? Not in this lifetime. Not unless you are traveling at 5am and make every light. 495 or back streets it's longer than that for the approx. six mile trip.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:31 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,808,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Whats the plans for Newark Airport Station?
The Plan is to Extend the PATH to EWR replacing the Monorail. Newark Airport Station will be connected by a future Newark Light Rail Extension down from Penn Station via Broad Street and other streets , a Busway from I-78 and a Streetcar down to Midtown Elizabeth. A large scale Development would go up next to the station and down Route 27 to Midtown Elizabeth. Most of this is on hold...or shelved for the time being...

Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Secaucus to PATH JC in five minutes?? Not in this lifetime. Not unless you are traveling at 5am and make every light. 495 or back streets it's longer than that.
Yea , from Secaucus to JSQ on a good day takes me 20mins , the Construction down at the Tonnelle Circle makes everything worse....idk why you wouldn't take a bus from Secaucus?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Don't think. I know it. Family lived there. Friends lived there until the weather destroyed their farming business and deadbeats skipped out on payments for services. If they had the chance they would leave in a heartbeat.

Public trans in the state? That's a joke.

In the original concept there was no parking unless the Allied project moved forward. It was designed as a transfer station. The roadways were not being improved to allow a mass influx of cars into the area. The shortfall was not providing ample parking in the outlying stations.

Bringing in Amtrak service will improve the utility greatly.
Amtrak determined that it be a waste to stop their with Newark and NY being so close. Amtrak is a Intercity service and not commuter Rail , they generally like to stop every 5-10 miles , unless there's an Airport.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM

88,348 posts, read 84,351,936 times
Quote:
Secaucus to PATH JC in five minutes?? Not in this lifetime. Not unless you are traveling at 5am and make every light. 495 or back streets it's longer than that for the approx. six mile trip.
NO, LOL, he said "after parking" (at JSTC) it takes him five minutes to the PATH station. Walking, I presume.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
extra 5 minutes driving, after parking
Sounded like a five minute trip. Walking time makes more sense.

But after making the trip up and back for many years to the former HC Jail complex nearby, I can say without a doubt it''s not five minutes. I would still hate the drive daily. Plus Secaucus runs the shuttle to the station for residents.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM

334 posts, read 730,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That parking lot is pretty big. I don't think it completely fills every day.
It was full when I went at 1pm last Wednesday...completely...ended up cancelling my trip.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Public Transit is beyond retarded in NJ/NYC. It's overpriced, the schedules are crap on the weekends and off peak, and little room for improvement or expansion (it's all "TOO EXPENSIVE" to improve.)

It's only natural that people in NJ think that texas is a giant dust bowl. Really? That's what you think? Your intelligence is noted (essentially none.)
My relatives who visited from Dallas last week almost wet their pants about how easy and frequent our mass transit is. They were telling me that their mass transit runs slowly and stops very early in the day. They were envious of our system.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
My relatives who visited from Dallas last week almost wet their pants about how easy and frequent our mass transit is. They were telling me that their mass transit runs slowly and stops very early in the day. They would were envious of our system.
Actually, they were my relatives from Boston. Had two sets of relatives visit from out of town last week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey