U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:34 AM

5,617 posts, read 13,387,287 times

Advertisements

I know of a great BBQ place but its a bit North, it is in Newburg , NY. It is sooo good. The pulled pork sandwich has a great light vinagar sauce sweet and tangy and meat is smoked with the slaw on it. Ribs are good too!!! Its off 17K a strip mall right off the NYS thruway, not that far. Called Barnstormers. Its worth the 45 min. drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,935,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
In your opinion-What kind of house will hold up better over the Years, Brick or Vinyl? That was my point. My grandfather did brickwork and stonework, and said it would hold up better over time.
Traffic, you know you have,your one of the smallest states with the highest population. Fact taught in NJ History.
Most beaches in NJ charged to get in. In LI they only charged for parking. I parked the whole season there in a Babyon Town Beach, $15.
No traffic to the lakes!

Diane
can you answer my question?

Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
Jeez Tahiti- there's stuff that's better in NJ, if you just think about it:

- The sarcasm is better
- The corruption is better
- The ability to get a government job where you get paid to do nothing is better
- The stench along the Turnpike is one that no one can generate better than NJ

Did I miss anything

Bob

Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 AM

12,284 posts, read 30,935,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
You forgot.........

foliage
yes, I did - thank you!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 AM

3,314 posts, read 12,255,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Jeez Tahiti- there's stuff that's better in NJ, if you just think about it:

- The sarcasm is better
- The corruption is better
- The ability to get a government job where you get paid to do nothing is better
- The stench along the Turnpike is one that no one can generate better than NJ

Did I miss anything

Bob
Bob, you forgot "MY TAXES ARE BETTER" providing that the meaning of better is more!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,094,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Bob, you forgot "MY TAXES ARE BETTER" providing that the meaning of better is more!
I think the actual statement would be "the ability to tax you beyond belief, without providing any rationale for where that money is going, is better".

Oh, and I forgot "NJ can blow $8 billion trying to build schools, and only build 1/3 the number they were supposed to, better than anyone else".....lol.

Bob

Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM

15 posts, read 44,230 times
To answer the OP's original question, we use to go to a place near the Palisades Mall called Rick's Club America. Use to be our favorite until we were told of Hot Rod's in Wharton. Their site is here:
Hot Rods Real Pit BBQ - 19 North Main Street Wharton, NJ 07885

We have friends who work in Newark, will drive out to Wharton, get food and drive back to their home in Butler. The food is that good. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 AM

7,962 posts, read 16,769,780 times
Tahiti,

To be fair, if you believe that the best food is regional, you can't argue that bbq in Tennessee will blow the doors off of the best NJ has to offer. Just as Diane can't argue that pizza in Tennessee can surpass NJ. For proof, I visited my aunt & uncle in Brentwood TN about 10 years ago (she since moved back to Fishkill NY) and they brought me to a place called Corky's. I'll never forget it, it was the best BBQ I've ever had, although a few months ago I had some comparable in El Paso. This is Corkys:

Can you say "Game, set, match"?

Now, if Diane wants to say that pizza in Nashville can compete with NJ, that is her wont, I suppose. However, I subscribe to the fact that the best food should be eaten in the region it specializes in. Will you see me seek out lobster roll in New Mexico? Not a chance!

Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 AM

2,866 posts, read 8,279,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Tahiti,

To be fair, if you believe that the best food is regional, you can't argue that bbq in Tennessee will blow the doors off of the best NJ has to offer. Just as Diane can't argue that pizza in Tennessee can surpass NJ. For proof, I visited my aunt & uncle in Brentwood TN about 10 years ago (she since moved back to Fishkill NY) and they brought me to a place called Corky's. I'll never forget it, it was the best BBQ I've ever had, although a few months ago I had some comparable in El Paso. This is Corkys:

Can you say "Game, set, match"?

Now, if Diane wants to say that pizza in Nashville can compete with NJ, that is her wont, I suppose. However, I subscribe to the fact that the best food should be eaten in the region it specializes in. Will you see me seek out lobster roll in New Mexico? Not a chance!
Not really, Just that one place which is eceptionally good, most are crummy. But also the owners , staff , etc are from Brooklyn.
Corky's is ok, but I've found some little places that are much better. One is in Nolensville ,a small growing town, that is on Brentwood Border. Acually , its takes me about 10 min to go there. On Saturday nights they have live music(country) with no charge except your dinner there.

Fish is better in NJ . I won't eat fish here unless I go to the place that gets their fish from Florida, and that is north of downtown.
Diane

Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 AM

2,866 posts, read 8,279,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i ask this in all seriousness - is ANYTHING better in NJ? for those keeping track, the following have been deemed better in TN by Diane:

nail glue
people (no snobs)
vegetables
housing (brick, no vinyl)
shoppers (no errant wild carts to worry about)
pizza
cheesesteaks
schools
*all restaurants*
traffic
lakes (better than the beach)
bbq

sigh.
Fish!!
Diane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey