Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM

605 posts, read 2,146,615 times

Advertisements

P.S. It is a sign of a neighborhood changing. We definitely saw an influx of multigenerational families move into our development. It may not seem like a big deal but these town home community are not designed for 6+ people living in 2/3 bedroom units. Our development became noisy and overcrowded. Time to sell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 PM

225 posts, read 720,819 times
While the number does certainly seem excessive, are they causing issues for your sister? If they are quiet and clean, I see no reason why you'd have to be concerned about the number of occupants if it doesn't affect you (or in this case, your sister) personally.
I don't know the legality of having that many people in a townhouse. I know in apartments, I believe it is max of 2 adults per bedroom.
I'm sure 11 people don't really want to be living with each other for long, so it may just be a temporary situation where the family is living together while they try and get on their feet and some of them move out eventually.
If it does become a problem, if there are no rules in regards to # of occupants, I'm sure there are rules in terms of noise etc. since it is a townhouse, so maybe your sister could pursue that (if there actually is an issue).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey