U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-02-2007, 10:37 AM
 
51 posts, read 147,613 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

My husband has a job offer in Hancocks Bridge, NJ and we are confused as to where to live. Hancocks Bridge is too rural for us. We are considering PA also. Are there any towns in PA that are close to Hancocks Bridge, NJ? We have three children - two of which are in elementary school and one that will attend preschool next year. We are looking for a safe area (low crime rate), excellent school districts, affordable housing and a newer neighborhood with families who have elementary aged children. We are also looking for a community that is family friendly with a lot of programs to offer families with children. Are there any towns near Hancock Bridge that have nice downtowns? The area we live in now has a quaint downtown with lots of family programs (ex. tree lighting, concerts in the park, etc.) My husband has a 45 minute commute to work right now where we live. He would like a shorter commute with not a lot of traffic. This is the first time we have moved since having children and there are so many things to consider. The biggest thing is that we want our children to be safe and happy. Does anyone have any information that would help us make this decision a little more easier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,960,833 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellys3angels View Post
My husband has a job offer in Hancocks Bridge, NJ and we are confused as to where to live. Hancocks Bridge is too rural for us. We are considering PA also. Are there any towns in PA that are close to Hancocks Bridge, NJ? We have three children - two of which are in elementary school and one that will attend preschool next year. We are looking for a safe area (low crime rate), excellent school districts, affordable housing and a newer neighborhood with families who have elementary aged children. We are also looking for a community that is family friendly with a lot of programs to offer families with children. Are there any towns near Hancock Bridge that have nice downtowns? The area we live in now has a quaint downtown with lots of family programs (ex. tree lighting, concerts in the park, etc.) My husband has a 45 minute commute to work right now where we live. He would like a shorter commute with not a lot of traffic. This is the first time we have moved since having children and there are so many things to consider. The biggest thing is that we want our children to be safe and happy. Does anyone have any information that would help us make this decision a little more easier?
wow! i thought I've at least *heard* of every nearly every town in NJ - but I guess not. Hancocks Bridge - it must be rural! LOL off to google I go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,116,454 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
wow! i thought I've at least *heard* of every nearly every town in NJ - but I guess not. Hancocks Bridge - it must be rural! LOL off to google I go!
It's way down there in Salem County in the middle of nowhere.

I'm thinking that you may be better off in Delaware than in NJ or PA, though there's not much likelihood of finding towns that will suit your needs within less than 45 minutes of there. The majority of your driving is going to be on rural roads (not much interstate in those parts), so you'll probably be 45 MPH or under most of the ride.

That's a tough one.

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 05:02 AM
 
51 posts, read 147,613 times
Reputation: 26
Default What about Mullica Hill and Woodstown Areas

Does anyone have any information on the Mullica Hill and Woodstown areas of South Jersey? I need a safe place (low crime rate) and good school systems for my family. Are there any towns in South Jersey with a nice walkable downtown? I would be looking the Salem and Gloucester Counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 AM
 
Location: NJ
9,216 posts, read 20,231,422 times
Reputation: 6325
We just bought in Williamstrown with the builder Richmond American Homes (http://www.richmondamerican.com/default - broken link). They may have a community that works for you. They serve NJ, PA & Delaware. If you are interested in Glouster, check out Willow Woods, it's where we bought. I've already researched the school, and am confident I made a good choice. They have a few homes that are going up (Quick delivery) that are in different stages of construction, you may be able to get a good deal. If you do go there, tell Pat her favorite client sent you lol

We actually went to Mullica Hill and fell in love with Orleans but their prices are outrageous. We visited a few other builders down there IIRC, but none really made an impression.

If you want new and need to know the best way to find these communities just ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
 
51 posts, read 147,613 times
Reputation: 26
My husband and I visited the Mullica Hills area a few weeks ago and decided to look around for new construction. We love Orleans and didn't really ask too much about the price since we are still in the "possible" relocating phase. My husband has a job offer in Salem County but we want to do some more investigating before he makes his decision. Thanks for telling me about Willow Woods. I will have to look into that area. I read on another post that one has to be careful of Gloucester County because there are some "seedy" sections. What are the ages of your children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,216 posts, read 20,231,422 times
Reputation: 6325
Where we are in Williamstown seems like a nice area. We drove around weeks ago looking at different sections, this one did the trick. We not only looked at new but used as well.

Go to Orleans web site and sign up for email updates. Also ask that they send you the packet. Do the same for the other builders, if you need help finding them, I'd be glad to give you info.

Do you have an idea of what you want to spend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
 
Location: Montrose, PA
223 posts, read 718,055 times
Reputation: 86
hey shelley i couldn't help but notice you have the same number of reputation points as i have. cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 10:14 PM
 
51 posts, read 147,613 times
Reputation: 26
Thanks for the information. Any safe towns in Salem County with a nice walkable downtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
 
299 posts, read 1,194,940 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellys3angels View Post
Thanks for the information. Any safe towns in Salem County with a nice walkable downtown?
Nice walkable downtown? Hmmmmmmmmm - That willl be hard to find. If it's not to far Washington Twp. ( borders Williamstown) , may be a bit more expensive & further for you but it has top schools ( so does Williamstown) , a fantastic park with a lake, amphitheater, skate boarding, nature trails - you name it, they have it. Many small local stores, community minded & also large retail shopping close by. If you are looking for an area to get involved this is the one. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top