U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Missouri has no good paying jobs outside the bigger cities like STL and KC. Rural Missouri wages are unbelievably low and the low cost of living and low taxes reflect the poor lack of services.
Any state that gave rise to Rush Limbaugh I want nothing to do with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM

149 posts, read 238,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Yes you can quote me but I want a copy of your book. We are on the west side of Lake Norman in Lincoln County. We were going to move to Waxhaw but the commute for my husband would have been too far. I think I would have liked it there a little better. There are no transplants here. When I tell people I am Italian it's like they have never met one of them before. I already planted the seed in my husbands head, if I have to work it's not so I can live somewhere I don't want to be. Glad you made it back north!
Waxhaw was far out there..that's for sure! I hear you with the italian thing..they all hear Italian and get scared like Tony is going to be packing at Applebees, my neighbors from Ohio never heard of Chicken cutlet, fried Ravioli, Donna Summer..the list goes on and on, not that any of that makes you Italian just so funny how different people are. One time they went to visit NYC and came back and said, "wow, everyone talks like you up there!!!" What a culture shock!!! There were a lot of NY, NJ people where we were but most were miserable that they made the move..Oh, I hope you get back. We were there three years & I used to beg to go back north. It took a job loss on my husbands part and me putting my foot down...he wanted to stay..I said let's get of here. Good luck!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:21 PM

376 posts, read 519,240 times
compared to new york, jersey is a boring place to be. nice to live at if you plan on working, staying at home, and doing things here and there but this is no place to be if you're a teen or in your 20s. i'm trying to take it back to new york, maybe even brooklyn even though i want to move to upstate. jersey sucks.

and to the woman that said she hates pa, even though i never lived there and only visited there like only a handful of times, i can see why you said that. i don't know what it is about that place but something about it just turns me off. from the poconos to philly, something isn't right about that spot. i would rather stay in jersey.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,388 times
I am in a verge of moving to NJ from MN because my wife wants to move back (she was born and raised in east hanover). I am offered a job at EWR airport that pays $110k a year. Is this enough for one family household? I can't imagine how much more expensive NJ is than MN. Any advise is much appreciated.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:58 PM

638 posts, read 388,172 times
If you will be making $110K a year I don't see too much of an issue. East Hanover might be a little tight, but you can live comfortably in decent areas of NJ on that income. I left because I was making only a little more than 1/4 of that!

Old 01-30-2017, 07:24 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,231,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnewbie77 View Post
I am in a verge of moving to NJ from MN because my wife wants to move back (she was born and raised in east hanover). I am offered a job at EWR airport that pays $110k a year. Is this enough for one family household? I can't imagine how much more expensive NJ is than MN. Any advise is much appreciated.
the median household income in NJ is $71,637. So you will be fine. You wont be rich by any means. But you will be fine on that amount.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:17 PM

9 posts, read 6,949 times
I was always wondering if I should move to New Jersey or not because quite frankly raising children in NYC is no easy task and I have heard that depending on what part of NJ you are, you can easily commute to NYC, after all its where I work and I have no clue about how jobs are down there. Then again am not even sure if I can afford a place in NJ with a once a month that salary. Geeze what a headache.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:51 PM

1,026 posts, read 558,455 times
Bumping an almost 7 yr old post for advice??.....might have been better to start a new one.

Old 07-24-2017, 01:55 PM

638 posts, read 388,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricoll View Post
I was always wondering if I should move to New Jersey or not because quite frankly raising children in NYC is no easy task and I have heard that depending on what part of NJ you are, you can easily commute to NYC, after all its where I work and I have no clue about how jobs are down there. Then again am not even sure if I can afford a place in NJ with a once a month that salary. Geeze what a headache.
The parts of NJ that offer an easy commute to NYC are too expensive. Stay where you are.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:17 PM

123 posts, read 68,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJnewbie77 View Post
If you want to live close to EWR in a good town with a good school district, 110K here will probably feel like 45K in a comparable place in MN. It's up to you if you want to do it. My advice: stay put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or