Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:30 PM

23 posts, read 96,085 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for recommendations for homeowners insurance agents/companies in the Manalapan/Marlboro/Freehold area. We're buying an existing home (not near the water). Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 01:40 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,941,672 times
I don't know what you do for a living, but if you or your spouse work for the state or related agencies, certain companies, etc...you may be eligable for New Jersey Manufacturers. They are the best insurance company in the state, bar none.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,897,227 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I don't know what you do for a living, but if you or your spouse work for the state or related agencies, certain companies, etc...you may be eligable for New Jersey Manufacturers. They are the best insurance company in the state, bar none.
Yes- They are the best. I have them.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,597,750 times
Quote:
Yes, a million times over. Not only the best in the state, but the best in the nation acc'd to Consumer Reports.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:30 PM

23 posts, read 96,085 times
I don't think he qualifies, but I will have him check at work. Any other recommendations???

Old 10-02-2007, 04:45 PM

329 posts, read 1,440,054 times
Quote:
Absolutely! Their customer service is outstanding and their prices are the BEST! Every December just around Christmas when I can really use it, I get a dividend check from them. I LOVE them! If you can't get on their top tier plan, don't fret..they have a second level plan which is still good, I hear.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:00 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,941,672 times
I was lucky enough to get them because my father is a Teamster, and now I'm a member for life. I have full coverage on my truck with a $250 deductible for $1350 a year! You can't beat that with a stick Especially in New Jersey.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:14 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,597,750 times
Quote:
I was lucky enough to get them because my father is a Teamster, and now I'm a member for life. I have full coverage on my truck with a $250 deductible for $1350 a year! You can't beat that with a stick Especially in New Jersey.
my bragging - 3 cars (2 1998's, 1 2006) - $1800/yr for all 3! LUV NJM.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:36 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,897,227 times
Default A little fun

Quote:
It's so nice to have NJMI coverage. Never a problem with them. Love the dividend checks too...

Plus to all those "NJ Cop Haters, NJ Union Haters, NJ Teacher Haters, NJ State Worker Haters" I get to say

Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,445,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kercar View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for homeowners insurance agents/companies in the Manalapan/Marlboro/Freehold area. We're buying an existing home (not near the water). Thanks
Just a suggestion
What you should ask is
who has suffered a major insurance loss and how did their insurance co
handle them ?
That is when you will know how good a company they really are
Most insurance co's will be nice as they take the money in
but how do they treat you when it is time to pay out

I do work for a lot of Public adjusters all over NJ and NY
and see first hand how these co's treat the people that have suffered a loss
some are easy to deal with and some are not ,Since i have to work with these co's i will not mention them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: