U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:55 PM

3,858 posts, read 8,055,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I would not send a student with a 3.8 average on 4.0 scale to a community college. She worked hard for those grades so deserved better.
Me gradjumcated frum merser cownty cummunuty kollej me tipe prity.......me gradacate with 3.0 PGA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 04:39 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,262,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Coming from Brooklyn it took a while (and a few warnings) to get use to
not being able to make a left turn , but now i realize it actually saves time
but i still have some trouble with all the damn circles in different towns!!!
O.K. Brian, can you pleeeeeeeease tell Uncle Tony that he can't make a left turn from Route 9 when he comes down to visit Aunt Grace in Manalapan on Saturday afternoon, that's why there's a line of cars behind him with all the folks honking their horns and showing him (by way of finger presentation) what they think about his driving. No, their not telling him he's number one. Thank you. Now, N.J traffic circles were designed to test ones mettle. Case in point, the traffic circle where route 33 and 34 meet. The circle has just been redone and the yield signs are very large and very clear and some people still can't get around the damn thing without nearly causing an accident. I just don't get it.

Last edited by exhdo1; 10-03-2007 at 05:00 PM..

Old 10-03-2007, 04:42 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,343,977 times
Default oy!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM

3,314 posts, read 12,262,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Me gradjumcated frum merser cownty cummunuty kollej me tipe prity.......me gradacate with 3.0 PGA
Your problem is you didn't go to catholic school because Sister Marymacbreakyourknuckles would have taught you proper grammer, one way or another

Old 10-03-2007, 04:54 PM

13,320 posts, read 19,665,082 times
You don't know that you have it good until you get to Pa. and have the 4 WAY Stops.
Now, some of us have it figured out by now. But, get a New Yorker, or a New Jerseyan.............and .............lord save you.
Its who ever GOT THERE FIRST..........LOLOLOLOL That is the person who gets to go.
So you know the New Yorker is gonna' think he was first, and golly me.........New Jersey is going to give him the look and say........"No it was ME".
Then comes along Pa. pokie, dookieing.......waiting for who is finally gonna' give.
Its hysterical.......and gives me a giggle everytime.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM

45 posts, read 190,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
When was that put in? Brookdale is where I went for Tourism and Travel. My son went there also.
Why are they wasting money mailing ads to my home in TN to my daughter? They kept asking her to go there, which would not have been an option even if we still lived in NJ. I would not send a student with a 3.8 average on 4.0 scale to a community college. She worked hard for those grades so deserved better.
Diane

My son graduated with a 3.8 average and he went to Brookdale, his choice he played baseball and now he is in Monmouth University. I saved quite a bit and he is doing wonderfully.

oops thats another topic...lol sorry

Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM

1,984 posts, read 4,788,037 times
Pennsylvania should take heed and put in some of the jughandles instead of left turn lanes, protected left turns and yield to traffic left turns. Every corner is different--when the light turns green, with or without an arrow, do I go or do I wait. At least in NJ green meant it was your turn to move. Don't even get me started on the 4 way stops--yes, it's supposed to be who was there first; but sometimes it's who is in the bigger car, has a bigger attitude, thinks that stop signs mean cruise through while glancing, glaring at those who are stopped.

Why is that Jersey has the least number of accidents (fatal) for the number of cars, drivers and miles of roads traveled each day? Me thinks the jughandles help.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,869,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
O.K. Brian, can you pleeeeeeeease tell Uncle Tony that he can't make a left turn from Route 9 when he comes down to visit Aunt Grace in Manalapan on Saturday afternoon, that's why there's a line of cars behind him with all the folks honking their horns and showing him (by way of finger presentation) what they think about his driving. No, their not telling him he's number one. Thank you. Now, N.J traffic circles were designed to test ones mettle. Case in point, the traffic circle where route 33 and 34 meet. The circle has just been redone and the yield signs are very large and very clear and some people still can't get around the damn thing without nearly causing an accident. I just don't get it.
I'm heading into Brooklyn in a few and i will let him know
but he will be dissappointed , All this time he thought they were waving and saying hello (i told him to change the battery in his hearing aid)

Old 10-04-2007, 10:14 AM

29 posts, read 242,200 times
Default Uturns

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe neckbone View Post
retarded

you see a store and you gotta go around the block and take 2 roads to get to it

who's the moron that mapped out your state?

LOL @ entrances not bein off left or right turns

get your stuff together NJ

2 blocks? Try 3 miles on route 17 just north of Route 4. You see a store you want to go to on the opposite side and you have to drive 3 miles to get to the u turn. There are too many roads in NJ have retail businesses on them that shouldn't. The businesses become inaccessible because the road is too narrow, busy and too fast, and cannot accommodate left turns.

Too many people, too many cars, narrow roads that cannot handle the volume. Welcome to NJ!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:16 AM

6,351 posts, read 18,886,806 times
Jug handles are FUN when you're pulling a 53' trailer... While I got you guys; why the heck is it called Route 1 and 9? Why isn't it Route 109 or Route 1 or Route 9. First time I got directions to the Fed Ex facility at Newark I dang near drove into the Hudson River looking for "Route 109" after getting directions over the phone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or